cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mozilla Firefox Version 10.0 & + And CRM 7.0 Web UI - Incompatibility Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello CRM Webclient UI Forum Members,

I'm floating this question to this forum in order to find out if any one has witnessed the situation, which I've and if yes, could he/she succeed in finding a solution to the problem ?.

I always use Mozilla Firefox browser to launch CRM Web UI. I prefer it to IE as Firefox browser is faster (in rendering web pages) than IE browser (be it any version of IE). Recently, I've upgraded Firefox browser from version 9.0 to 10.0 (which is the latest version as Mozilla wanted its user base to upgrade to address a few security holes in earlier version), not knowing its implication on the CRM Web UI.

I only realized it when I tried to launch CRM Web UI on this new version of Mozilla browser that I can not open up the CRM Web UI. It throws BSP page error and tells that this browser is not compatible with CRM Web UI.

Has anyone experienced this situation? and if yes, how have you worked around the problem? I've only option left with me is to roll back to previous version of Firefox,which is my last resort. Given a choice, I would like to use Firefox latest browser (version 10.0) and would like to use CRM Web UI on it.

Looking forward to hearing from you regarding the solution of this issue.

PS : Not related to the issue directly,thought to submit this piece as well that I'm running SAP CRM 7.0 on Windows 7.0 (Pro).

Sincerely,

Manish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

joaquin_fornas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, Manish

As the error message states, it is not possible to run Firefox 10 with CRM WebUI.

Maybe you can bypass this message, but you will find another error that prevents you from running the webUI.

So my recommendation is: stick to the last supported version or you will come into problems.

You can find the latest supported Firefox version [here|http://www.service.sap.com/pam]:

Regards

Joaquin

Edited by: Joaquin Fornas on Feb 21, 2012 4:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joaquin,

Thanks for it but you probably forgot to attach the link in the reply. Also, how can we make it known to SAP Developers community to keep a pace with the newer version of web browsers?

To me, its sort of difficult to convince the user community to keep using the older version of Mozilla Foxfire browser, when every time a user opens up the old version of browser, he/she is asked to upgrade it to newer version to address the security issues. As a CRM consultant, its not a tenable position to advocate for which is not practical in real sense.

Sincerely,

Manish

joaquin_fornas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Sorry, link edited. Product Availability Matrix is the official SAP document that explains the available compatibilities with SAP products.

When it comes to the users, you can always plead to security. Mozilla releases new versions very frequently, and SAP must check all the features of webUI in order to make sure that everything works and there are no security breaches in the web browser. I know it is hard to convince somebody about using Firefox 3, but it is a hard task to check every component and every process in order to release a browser compatibility.

I am very sorry, hope I made it clear.

Regards

Joaquin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Joaquin. As they say in practical world, " it's what it's" or "take it or leave it"... so I'll have to keep pushing my frail logic to the user community which some times run out of patience with this this whole browser performance issues/compatibility issue.

On a lighter note, SAP AG which enjoys enormous financial clout in the software industry and can flex its financial muscle when needed,why don't they think of buying a well known browser company out in the market and can make the integration with world of browser a smooth,seamless, painless, process.

I can very well imagine what a sigh of relief it will be to the SAP CRM end users community as well as to the army of CRM Consultants! I hope someone out there is listening to this and sooner this happens better it will be for all of us.

Sincerely,

Manish

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manich,

which 'well known browser company' do you suggest SAP AG to buy? MS, Mozzilla, Opera, Google?

Personally, I prefer Chrome browser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joaquin,

It's a million dollar question and can't be decided that easily but then again it is in the realm of possibility if all the due diligence is done on the part of knowledgeable SAP team members who have been tirelessly involved in the CRM product development.

Also, its not about one's individual preference over other. It should be rather dictated by what suits its overall business policies the best,while also giving due consideration to its loyal user base convenience of use and comfort in adaptation of new technology.

Hence, I can't answer with certainty as to which "known browser company" to acquire or take over but then a company like SAP AG may also explore the possibility of developing its own mini browser which can run on all the prominent computing devices including mobile ones. After all necessity is mother of invention.

Sincerely,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Manish Tewari

You are right!

Hence, I can't answer with certainty as to which "known browser company" to acquire or take over but then a company like SAP AG may also explore the possibility of developing its own mini browser which can run on all the prominent computing devices including mobile ones. After all necessity is mother of invention.

On a lighter note, SAP AG which enjoys enormous financial clout in the software industry and can flex its financial muscle when needed,why don't they think of buying a well known browser company out in the market and can make the integration with world of browser a smooth,seamless, painless, process.

+1

I favour your idea).

Denis

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a similar issue.

We are implementing CRM 7.0 Ehp2 and our client is using Mozilla firefox 10.0 to login to web ui. We are facing one issue with pop-ups. Pop-ups are getting blocked even if we unselect the blocking option in browser settings. Pop-ups are showing up for 1st few times and after that they are getting blocked and not showing up even if we add link in exceptions. The only option left is to close the browser and start a new browser session.

Please help if you have any idea what could be the reason for this, and how can we resolve it. Its working fine in IE, issue only with Mozilla.

Thanks & Regards,

Asif Khan.

CarstenKasper
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, back on topic.

I tweeted the solution to this some time ago after installing FF 10. It is quite easy and you will not need any kind of add on or stuff.

Type this into the address field of FireFox: about:config

It will open some security warning, just click OK and confirm that you will be careful. The configuration variables of Firefox are now shown.

Search for the variable: general.useragent.override

If it is not present right click in the window and from the context menu select NEW -> STRING

Adjust the mozilla user agent string to this: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:9.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0

The only thing different from the original user agent is the part "rv:9.0" and "Firefox/9.0".

On a technical note:

In the BSP tag the browser version is retrieved from the user agent string in some kernel function. It is then moved into a three character long field. As FireFox is supported from Version 4.20 onwards the check is for VERSION > 420. Now as you might have guessed a FireFox 9 returns a version of "900" and the FireFox 10 breaks the three character concept as its Version ought to be "1000" that does not fit. It becomes a "100" that translates to FireFox 1.0 as mentioned above.

So watch out for Internet Explorer 10

cheers Carsten

Edited by: Carsten Kasper on Feb 23, 2012 6:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cartsen,

First of all thanks for your detailed "to-do" tasks list to fix the issue. Unfortunately, despite following your steps religiously, I am standing still at the same juncture when it comes to problem resolution.

I've entered the following string in the browser (in about: config):

general.useragent.orderride;Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:9.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.

Closed the browser window.Started it again. Upon launching the SAP CRM client web UI, I have for the following error:

**************************************************************************************************************************************************

Business Server Page (BSP) error

What happened?

Calling the BSP page was terminated due to an error.

SAP Note

The following error text was processed in the system:

<htmlb:content>: (*) This browser is not supported; for Design2003 the Internet Explorer as of 5.50 and the Mozilla as of 1.75 are supported

Error type:

Your SAP Business Server Pages Team

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hence, I had again to roll back my Mozilla Firefox browser to version 9.0 from upgraded 10.0. Not sure what else can be done at my end to resolve the issue.

Sincerely,

Manish

CarstenKasper
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had a mistake in the User Agent string when first hitting the "Post Message" button, sorry. Corrected now.

Please try:

general.useragent.orderride = Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:9.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0

cheers Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

Thanks again for your suggestion and correction but then I made the change to the string as you suggested.Sting is as below :

general.useragent.orderride = Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:9.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0

Still I got the same error when I closed and reopened the Mozilla Firefox browser (v10.0)

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************

Business Server Page (BSP) error

What happened?

Calling the BSP page was terminated due to an error.

SAP Note

The following error text was processed in the system:

<htmlb:content>: (*) This browser is not supported; for Design2003 the Internet Explorer as of 5.50 and the Mozilla as of 1.75 are supported

Error type:

Your SAP Business Server Pages Team

******************************************************************************************************************************************************

So I had to roll back to Mozilla Firefox to version 9.0.Hope you will come with another weapon from your magic armory to shoot down my nagging problem :).

Sincerely,

Manish

CarstenKasper
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting. It works perfectly for some colleagues including myself.

here a screenshot of my settings...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/207/image1lo.jpg/

Former Member
0 Kudos

Carsten,

To avert the Einstein famous definition of insanity (doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome evey time), I've tried to delete the browser and reisntalled it and even have tried on my different machine and tried to replicate the problem but all the times I was not able to use Mozilla Firefox with 10.0 for launching SAP CRM client web UI.

I'm now feeling that I've run out all of my possible options to fix the issue and feel I'm stuck with Mozilla Firefox 9.0 for a good time. Hope some one in SAP developer's forum is paying heed to this issue and will come up with a permanent fix to the issue.

Sincerely,

Manish

CarstenKasper
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm, really makes me wonder.

This site can be used to display the current user agent string: http://whatsmyuseragent.com/

What is it that is shown for you?

Mine is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:9.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0

I just logged into our CRM 7 EHP1 SP 05 and the other CRM 7 EHP1 SP 07 with this browser. If your user agent is different, then you did not setup the variable correctly. Maybe search the net for a more comprehensive guide on how to do this.

Another option, at least on development systems, is to do a small enhancement in this method:

CL_HTTP_REQUEST->IF_HTTP_REQUEST~GET_USER_AGENT()

If user_agent_type = 5 and user_agent_version = 80 then you should change user_agent_version = 900

For a better check use method GET_HEADER_FIELDS and get the correct user agent string and compare it with yours.

cheers Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Carston,

This is what's shown to me upon checking the URL (www.whatsmyuseragent) :

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:10.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0

Your User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:10.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0

Your IP Address: 71.232.47.6

Only difference is I'm using SAP CRM7.0 and per your previous email, you are using EhPs. Wil that cause this aberration?

Also, I'm sort of uninitiated in tweaking the settings. Will you please elaborate stepwise as to how to do the methods enhancement . I can try this one for the last time.

Sincerely,

Manish

CarstenKasper
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

have been on holiday for a week.

Having a look at your user agent shows that there is a erroneous part in it:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:10.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0

Did you set the overwrite correctly for this one?

cheers Carsten

mario_ecker
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi!

Check note 1691434

Regards Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

It works for me if I set a FF 9.x user agent string with the help of the user agent switcher add-on.

Looks like only the first digit of the version number is looked at. The system seems to think FF 1.x comes along.

Cheers

Marc