cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboards 4.0 can't connect to BOE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just installed the latest Dashboards 4.0 and get an error when trying to connect to Busness Objects: "Could not svae to SAP Business Objects Enterprise. For more information, contact your administrator or customer service representative. Item 1 was not found in the collection."

Also, when I try to create a dashboard from scratch using the Add Query option against a Universe, I get an "Unknown Error" when I try to run it.

I am running Business Objects Enterprise 4.0 SP2 FP7 on Windows Svr 2008. I did not have this issue with the previous version of Dashboards but was having some other issue that I though would be fixed in Dashboards 4.0.

-Larry Hill

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please follow the 2 Knowledgebase articles.

The knowledgebase articles are as follows

1708100 - Error : "Could not save to SAP BO Enterprise. For more information, contact your administrator or customer service representative. Item 1 was not found in the collection." when trying to save a dashboard to BO enterprise from Dashboard Design

1733865 - How to enable RESTful Web Services, Insight to Action Service & Multitenancy Manager with SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence (BI) platform 4.0 Support Package 4

Let me know if that helps

-Aditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aditya,

Thank you for your reply!

Where do I find these articles? 1708100, and 1733865

I searched but did not find these articles.

can you provide with hyperlink to these articles?

Best regards,

Andi

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Append your number to this URL :

regards,

H

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

It does require a password!!!!

Is it the community account to be used, or it is some special account?

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Andi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am now using BOBJ 4.0 SP04 with Dashboard Design 4.0 and am getting a similar error when I try to open a dashboard from the SAP Dashboard design tool:

"Could not save to SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise. For more information, contact your administrator or customer service representative. Item 1 was not found in the collection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andi,

TO check these notes u should have OSS User name, required, not possible to see the note with your current community user name

U can ask your company people they will provide u the user name to check all the sap note.

Thanks

Venkat.s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am facing the same problem!!!

Did anybody resolved this???

Best regards,

Andi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Lary,

Do you have Xcelsius installed on your system. If so please uninstall Xcelsius and Dashboard Design.

Install only dashboard design.

I got this problem, after doing above, i am able to open add query, connect to BOE.

Thanks,

Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply, but I only have dashboard design.

At the same time I have

Crystal for enterprise

Crystal 2011

BOBJ client tool

Data service

Will crystal 2011 cause issue?

Thanks.

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Below is the order for client installation

BOBJ Client Tools

Crystal Reports 2011

Crystal for Enterprise

Live Office

Dashboard Designer

Analysis Office

Regards,

Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I followed the same sequence except I do not have live office but I have DS.

0 Kudos

Hi Larry,

Were you able to solve your problem.

-Make sure you have the System name directing to the correct port on your logon screen to BOE when you try to save it to the enterprise

-Make sure you have the latest patch levels installed on both client and server.

Thanks,

Nag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

i am facing same kind of issue.

In my system i have installed Dashboard Designer,Client tools.

Can you suggest the ways if the problem has solved,

Regards,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Larry:

Did you get this resolved?

I have exact the same issue.

Thanks.

Eric

nikhil_joy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Larry,

That could be an authorization issue. Please check whether you have necessary rights to access BOE . Refer below thread also.

[http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2111246]

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Nikhil joy