Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No.of Records Imported and Syndicated in SAP MDM

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Is there any particular limit upto which we can import and syndicate data in SAP MDM. if yes,Please mention the limit.

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

For Import if you are doing manual import then 50000 records at a time is the limit but if you have autimated the import process then there is no limit.

For syndicator there is as such no limit.

More details see console refernce guide,MDS,MDIS,MDSS paramters.

Regards,

Neethu Joy

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Neethu for this information.

I just wanted to know what happen in real scenario like, Suppose i have to Import record above 50,000 so can we set the limit somewhere of around 10,000 records so that it will automatically select 10,000 only records everytime?

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Neethu for this information.

I just wanted to know what happen in real scenario like, Suppose i have to Import record above 50,000 so can we set the limit somewhere of around 10,000 records so that it will automatically select 10,000 only records everytime?

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Can you please detail following:

What is the import file type?

Is it Automated Import?

Do you want to import 50000 recs at a time?

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

1. File type can be XML or a CSV one.

2. Yes, it is automated import.

3. No.of records is 50,000 but i want to set a particular limit of 10,000 records so can i do this?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

1. File type can be XML or a CSV one.

2. Yes, it is automated import.

3. No.of records is 50,000 but i want to set a particular limit of 10,000 records so can i do this?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

former_member209780
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek

We have 'Chunk Size' and 'No. of Chunks Processed In Parallel' settings for MDIS.

These are available in Repository-Specific MDIS Configuration Parameters.

We can set the limit of records to be processed at a time in Chunk Size. Typically, the smaller the chunk size the better, as smaller chunks can be processed faster within MDIS and also require less wait time in transactions between MDIS and the Master Data Server.

We can also set no. of chunks to be processed in parallel.

Refer [MDM Console reference guide|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/4b/72b8aaa42301bae10000000a42189b/MDMDataManager71.pdf] page no. 269

Regards

Goutham Kanithi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Setting Chunk size = 10000 will ensure this many recs are picked up in a chunk,it will also mean a data set of 50000 recs will be picked in 5 chunks.

Also No of chunks in parallel will ensure import goes on while one chunk is in a particular stage other can be picked.

Recommende is 5-10.

However I would say Chunk Size is not ans to your question if you want to control recs to 10000 per import.

You can contril this by using the File Aggregation Count by setting a fixed amount,this will ensure the import package contains a particular no of recs.

Another way can be to control data count at the interface level or source level itself.

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (0)