cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking of RAW MATERIAL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

My client has a retail business but same as trading business means we purchased finished goods from the manufacturer and directly sell it in the market. Directly we don't care for the raw material. Client don't purchased raw material but provide following information to the manufacturer:

a) Rates of the raw materials

b) To whom raw material have to procure

c) Integrands to produce finished goods

Problem: Now in system how I will track the above the following things:

a) List of raw material to produce Finished goods - Where to maintain in the system

b) Conversion rates to produce finished good

c) Packing cost

But when client make the purchased order it will not float in the Po and no sub contracting cycle will be run. Normal procurement cycle will be run.

Kindly help me

Thanks & regards

Varun Bisaria

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This sounds like a very complicated process because majority of the master data is not maintained in SAP. Hence what Jurgen was trying to say. If you would like to track the Excel files, you could use Document Management System in SAP (DMS).

Other than that, I am not sure what else you could do unless you do everything in SAP.

Regards,

Nazrin

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe you should ask your vendor to provide this information to you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Vendor will provide the information and we also have the data in excel format but how i will maintain it in the system and in which field.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there is nothing to maintain such info, you have to develope it yourself.

this info is spread thru various master data and transaction data tables if you "care" about raw materials and do the production process yourself or if you do the subcontracting process.

But you cannot maintain those tables manually with a result coming Excel. you would need raw material masters, bill of materials, production orders and settlements, would need goods issues and receipts .....