cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have to activate FIN_TRAVEL_1 and FIN_TRAVEL_2?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please, I have a doubt in travel business functions activation.

FIN_TRAVEL_1 and FIN_TRAVEL_2 are not activated.

But in R/3, WDs Abap for Travel Management seem to work ok.

iViews in portal are also ok (they call WDs Abap).

I don't know if I need to activate FIN_TRAVEL_1 and FIN_TRAVEL_2 business functions. It seems WDs Abap for Travel Management are ok.

What will happen if I activate them? Do I need to do it so as to obtain more benefits?

The system information:

SAP ECC 6.0

SAP_ABA 701 SAPKA70110

SAP_BASIS 701 SAPKB70110

EA-HR 604 0040 SAPK-60440INEAHR

Portal:

ESS. ERP 2005 EhP2

Thank you&Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The sap help explains all dependencies and benefits for this Busieness function:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/en/5d/eecf6d3832433ea4d292e57d925e10/content.htm

In my opinion you should definitely activate FIN_TRAVEL_2 since you are on EHP 4.

Cheers, Lukas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Additional functionality is delivered with FIN_TRAVEL_2 (in POWL etc) and you will often find that many resources in homepage framework rely on the WD ABAP functionality with FIN_TRAVEL_1 and FIN_TRAVEL_2 so I would be very surprised if the iviews are working without these activated as they are indeed essential!

That said, remember that this is not reversible and for example FIN_TRAVEL_2 will replace the switch personnel function that you may have previously seen and for other functionality such as optical archive and attachments etc in portal there is a mimimum requirement of FIN_TRAVEL_1.

You need to make sure your business package component for portal (e.g 1.41) is in sync with requirements for 604 too.