cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status of an action PPF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I used an action definition and it is called successfully when I save a document.

But the status of this action is generated in error (red icon) although rp_status = 0 in my implementation.

I want to make this action as unprocessed (Yellow icon). How can I do that ?

Thank you in advance,

Mat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrei,

i have a requirement....there is a big program in ECC and in mid of that program we call a rfc ppf in EWM but in case if there is any error in EWM we don want to keep looping in ECC.

I just got a suggestion that i can try to capture the status message(success / unsuccessful ) as ppf returns it.....

i don know where to find this......not very familiar with ppf please suggest badly in need of it.

Urgent requirement.

Thanks in advance!!

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Kumari.

Please open a separate discussion for your question. Because it's absolutely irrelevant to the current one. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mat,

please provide me the action definition namea nd exact error you getting. Check action logs to find exact error message. Also provide steps you using to get the error.

Thanks

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

The action that I have used is a customer one.

In CRMC_ACTION_JOB tcode, l found that the action generated as error instead of an unprocessed action.

Tkank you,

Mat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Whats the exact error message you are getting?

Thanks

regards,

vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Thank you for replies

I think the error message is not important. It's a standard message : "Action could not be successfully executed". It is displayed in the Log if the action is not executed.

The status that I want to change is that of action in CRMC_ACTION_JOB and not that of the message in the log.

Thanks,

Mat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Please3 check below if these notes could help you:

1343187: Service confirmation: Status "Completed" not set

Also check Note 1435273.

thanks,

regards,

Vikram

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Mat.

The RP_STATUS returns a code, which can be either of the following:

0 = Not Processed

1 = Successfully Processed

2 = Incorrectly Processed.

So you should correct your implementation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

@ Vikram,

Thanks for your reply

But I haven't the same problem as the notes that you gave me.

@ Andrei,

rp_status is set to 0 in my implementation, so, the action should be generated as not processed (Yellow icon), but I found an action that is incorrectly processed (Red icon).

The rp_status is set to 0 in the end of the implementation.

Thank you in advance,

Regards

Mat

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mat,

you think that it SHOULD BE set as "not processed" but it IS NOT. In fact the system change any other status except of rp_status = 1 to 2. You can check this at the very end of method EXECUTE in class CL_METHODCALL_PPF (this method actually execute your action's method).

* add processing info to log
 IF rp_status = '1'.
   IF ip_preview EQ sppf_false.
     MESSAGE i001(sppf_media) INTO dummy.
     CALL METHOD cl_log_ppf=>add_message
       EXPORTING
         ip_problemclass = '4'
         ip_handle       = l_protocol_handle.
   ENDIF.
 ELSE.
*   anything else means error, so set status = 2
   rp_status = '2'.
   IF ip_preview EQ sppf_false.
     MESSAGE e002(sppf_media) INTO dummy.
     CALL METHOD cl_log_ppf=>add_message
       EXPORTING
         ip_problemclass = '2'
         ip_handle       = l_protocol_handle.
   ENDIF.
 ENDIF. 

In other words, if you do not set rp_status to 1 in case of succesfull processing of your method you'll get the rp_status as 2 in other cases.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrei,

Can I found a note OSS that adds the status 0 to this method ?

I haven't found a solution neither in service.sap.com nor sdn.

Thanks,

Regards,

Mat

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mat,

I believe that you'll not be able to find such OSS note. Because the system behaves as designed.

Also I wonder what is the reason to set 'unprocessed' status if actually it's processed? What is your scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's a customer need. He wants an unprocessed action when it is not executed.

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Didn't you manage to do this by cutomizing?

Try to play for instance with Merging option, Sceduled automaticly and Delete after processing flags in action definition.

If it's not possible to achieve the goal by customization you can use BAdIs EVAL_SCHEDCOND_PPF to implement your own schedule condition for an action or EVAL_STARTCOND_PPF for starting condition for an action. You can read more on this topic on [help.sap.com page right here|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm70/helpdata/en/c5/4a5b79589ae94baddc27cff9a830ef/frameset.htm]. And refer [Note 1007346 - Scheduling of actions only after resetting a status|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1007346] for an example of implementation and necessary customizing.

Also it's possible to extend a container with additional fields which you can check in start or schedule rules. Check [Note 502389 - Actions: Using additional attributes for conditions|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/502389] for this.

Hope this will help you.