cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with WebService and HTTP Post action blocks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to access a web service that I created using WCF.NET from MII. The service is hosted in IIS on a server on our company intranet. I have verified that I can use the service from a simple console application client, and that the WSDL is exposed properly.

When I try to input the WSDL url into a WebService action block in MII, it gives me back an error. I thought maybe the version of MII I am using (12.0) didn't like the WSDL format, so I tried a simple HTTP Post action block with a properly formatted SOAP document. This failed with a java exception "Unknown Host".

After this I went to the web server where the web service is located and "pinged" the MII server without a problem.

I then tried the same HTTP Post action, but used the IP address for the web server instead, and the HTTP Post action block still fails.

Any idea why my MII server cannot "see" the web server?

Thanks experts!

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

suhas_nagaraju
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Did you try providing credential alias? The wsdl/service might be password protected.

Thanks,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, the webservice is not password protected. It is set up for anonymous access.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears

There is no solution to this problem: how to access a webservice done on WCF technology?

I am trying to access OSI AF PI webservices, without success.

I clicked on Webservice "Configure Object" button

I typed the URL of the WSDL file on the URL field 

When I click on next and I dont get nothing

so I clicked on finish and I got this error message:

XMLProxy Error:NO OPERATION FOUND

This webservice is set up for anonymous access.

Thanks!

Fabio