cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aggregates vs compression

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

after loading the data into cube ,i click roll up(aggregates are maintained) and i have checked option compression after roll up,this was done successively .two tick mark appears (compression status of aggregate,,roll up status)

but the data not moved from ftable to etable.why?again i should go to compress tab and put the req and release?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aggregates are compressed automatically following a successful roll up. So the Cube data will be in the fact table untill the compression of cube is not done...

Former Member
0 Kudos

can we do the compression on aggregates?

Former Member
0 Kudos

and how? scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Go to display data or LISTCUBE transaction then select the request ID in outfield selection. In the output check what request number it shows or filter on request number, when there is request number shown means data exists in F table. But if the request number column is blank then surely data exists in 'E ' table.

Regards,

Durgesh.

former_member215845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

When you run the roll up, the compression of the aggregate is usually done automatically. So the request will be transferred

from the F Fact table of the aggregage to the E Fact table. However the data in the main cube will remain in the F Fact table

until compression is carried out. Were you checking the fact tables of the aggregate or the main cube?

Best Regards,

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am checking main infocube ,is aggregte comprssion is different from cube comprssion,do we need to do both.

1 if aggregates comprssion done but the etable does not get filled

please give me difference between these please

former_member215845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Yes as I mentioned, the aggregage compression is usually done automatically after a successful rollup. You need to decide when to compress the cube. You can refer to note 590370.

Best Regards,

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need not to do aggregates compression because when you do roll up 'compress after rollup' check box is always checked by default..http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1756473

also Roll-up adds the copy of records from F or E table to the aggregate tables. The records are not moved from F or E.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi good afternoon  guru

in aggregates do we have f fact table  and e fact table?