cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP timeout issue in synchronous Proxy to HTTP interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on an Proxy(interface - TCode-sproxy) to HTTP Synchronous scenario.

In few cases the target API link takes 15-30 minutes to respond back.

But I'm getting timeout error saying that connection timed out within 5-6 minutes only.

What parameters(eg.integration engine configuration) I need to set in SAP CRM as well as in SAP PI so that the correct response should get updated into SAP CRM system and for not having timeout problems?

Regards,

Amit P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you find any solution for this?

I am using a similar interface SAP ECC-SAP PI - HTTP proxy. and the same error may surface in my interface.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have got below mentioned error response after 10 minutes in SAP PI PRD system. But HTTP_TIMEOUT value is set as 72,00,000 in sxmb_adm. Is there any other parameter set which is overwriting the above parameter value.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

<!-- Call Adapter

-->

<SAP:Error SOAP:mustUnderstand="1" xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">

<SAP:Category>XIAdapter</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="PLAINHTTP_ADAPTER">ATTRIBUTE_CLIENT</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>402</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2>ICM_HTTP_TIMEOUT</SAP:P2>

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:Stack>HTTP client code 402 reason ICM_HTTP_TIMEOUT</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>A</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

Also in SAP CRM system, (after 7 minutes) response not received has got updated in the database table. Don't know about parameters set in SAP CRM system.

But my target HTTP system is still processing the request and yet to respond. Mostly it'll respond after around 30 minutes.

We'r monitoring in the target system also.

Please guide me to resolve this issue at the earliest since this is the Production system's issue.

Regards,

Amit P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Any solution for this?

I desperately need to tackle this issue.

Regards,

Amit P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This problem got resolved. We got some different work around for this. We created one more interface Proxy to HTTP which gives the response of the earlier timed out interface at the end of the day.

Thanks,

Amit Patil

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Req your taget system people to minimize the time gap, if you design your ionterface to wait 10-30 mnnts then it is very poor design.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have been observed here that after 7 minutes, it gives timeout error although the response is yet to be received from the receiver system. But in SAP PI PRD system, the HTTP_TIMEOUT value is 36000000.

In sxmb_moni, the message shows hollow circle(log version) as message status.

These are only rare cases occurring twice/thrice a month where, it has to wait for 10-30 minutes approximately.

So how to tackle those cases? Why its giving timeout after 7 minutes? What should be HTTP_TIMEOUT parameter value in SAP CRM PRD system?

What should be the ideal HTTP_TIMEOUT values isn SAP PI system?

Regards,

Amit P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Your problem is probally due to the timeout of the ICM. Please take a look over the following note:

824554 ICM and SAP Web Dispatcher Timeout Parameter

Cheers,

Maurício

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am unable to understand these SAP note contents.

I'm getting connection timeout after 7 minutes although its value is set as 36000000 in integration engine of SAP PI PRD system.

In sxmb_moni, the message shows hollow circle(log version) as message status.

What should be HTTP_TIMEOUT parameter value in SAP CRM PRD system? Is it necessary to set in SAP CRM system also?

Regards,

Amit P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Can you attach a screenshot of your error that you receive? I guess that will be more clear about what you are talking about.

Cheers,

Maurício

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amit

Why do you want to wait for 7 minutes for an HTTP time out (what is the SLA for your interface

I think 1 muinute is godd enough time out for an online transaction.

Anyways if you want to synchronise the time out parameters then keep in mind following:

In your SAP system check the value of WP_RUNTIME (relatedwith work process)

Also you need to keep in mind that the HTTP request pass through WB Dispatcher of your server and there are few entries there as well, check with your network team.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My scenario is SAP CRM Proxy - SAP PI - HTTP and its synchronous.

In few cases, the target system responds after 20-40 minutes.

SAP CRM system doesn't wait for the response after 7 minutes and updates the response as no response received after 7 minutes.

But in SAP PI system(in sxmb_moni), message shows that hollow circle(log version) as message status and waiting for the response(no response received yet but target system already has responded after 35 minutes).

In integration engine of SAP PI system, HTTP_TIMEOUT is set as 36000000. And don't know about parameters set in SAP CRM system.

How to tackle these rare cases? What parameters needs to be set for waiting for and capturing the late response from the target system?

Regards,

Amit P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amit

You have to set the value of HTTP_TIMEOUT parameter in Integration Engine configuration (SXMB_ADM) in PI

Same value should be maintained in CRM as well. Please note that the value is in milli seconds

Sourabh