I would like to clear some doubt after reading EHP upgrade guide and some notes:
1) In upgrade guide, it mentions if ERS is manually setup, we need to revert configuration. --> What does this mean?
2) For dialog instance of HA, we just need to upgrade the kernel of dialog instance manually if it doesnt share the kernel in central repository?
3) How about ERS? do we need to upgrade the binary for ERS, as ERS is installed on local drive? SAP guide and note didn't mention this.
Edited by: Nicholas Chang on Feb 28, 2012 10:04 PM
Please check this link if this might help you.
If sapcpe is not configured then manul update of kernel might have to be carried out.
SAP notes that may be of some help
1047180 Troubleshooting for the standalong enqueue server
1345206 Handling and preventing sapstartsrv.exe corruptions
1304256 Sapstart no longer calls sapcpe automatically
1036538 sapcpe - features and known problems 640, 700
1104735 Upgrade to the new instance-specific directory on UNIX
Edited by: Naveen Kumar on Feb 28, 2012 8:04 PM
Instead of waiting fellow sapadmin to answer my question, is good for me to express my understanding and hope fellow sapadmin will correct me if i'm wrong.
EHP5 upgrade from ERP6:
1) Move all resource to one node, eg: node1
2) lauch EHPI
3) Temp License needed during shadow instance build
4) at downtime, manually stop ASCS, ERS and dialog Instance
5) Disable auto start service for cluster and pause node2.
1) Manually update the kernel for Dialog Instance and ERS since they are local installation
2) as per note 1050343, stop the windows cluster service in services.msc manually and replace the files in %windir%\system32 on both node
3) Replace the files in %windir%\SapCluster for both node
4) Install SAPHOSTAGENT and place saposcol file to %windir%\SapCluster ?
Appreciate if someone who has experience on HA upgrade could shed some light on this.