cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FI-CA and FI-CAX components - Are they redundant?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello dear FICA collegues,

I'm in a new project and I've seen a set up that I never experienced before and I would like to know if there's any risk or major point of attention that I should consider in this scenario:

1. We are a IS-U based project.

2. Our switch framework shows that we have active IS-U, FI-CA and FI-CAX at the same time.

3. IS-U and FI-CA components are running in EhP5

4. FI-CAX is running in EhP0

Now, we are planning to use some of the delta functionalities existing in EhP5... and I'm wondering if EVERYTHING that's realeased within FI-CAX is also released in FI-CA (meaning I don't have to keep both components at the same EhP level) or if I will need to upgrade both FI-CA and FI-CAX to EhP5 in order to have all the functions available?

Does anybody know if this set up is reduntant (FI-CA + FI-CAX) or if it's recommended to have both active and upgraded at the same version?

Thanks & Best regards,

Juan Carlos

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Juan:

FICAX is not usable by customers using ISU. Despite what you are seeing, FICAX is not activated. It is 'included' because of the architecture of ECC6 which now means that every system has every solution while the switch framework enables you to define which functions are actually in use. For an ISU customer, the only relevant information is what ehp and sp that the FI-CA component is at.

regards,

bill.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer Bill !

I had the chance to do some research on it and I found that for convergent invoicing in IS-U the Help portal says it is a prerrequisite to have FICA and FICAX both at EhP5.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ppm50/helpdata/en/e7/9ddb1a0ba8462d9ab63b6c750c3d5b/frameset.htm

I also noticed that there are some configuration activities that are not being available at SPRO level in the client that has FICAX in EhP0...

Do you think it is worth to upgrade this component?  Will this activity be a waste of time and resources? 

Regards,

Juan

former_member199597
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Juan,

Sorry to bring this up again, however did you upgrade FI-CAX ?

Did you face any issues?

Thanks for sharing.

Andreas

former_member199597
Participant
0 Kudos

Well never mind.

If anyone has the same problem:

http://scn.sap.com/blogs/schuth/2013/10/23/fi-ca-extractors-for-is-u-ehpx

Cheers,

Andreas

Answers (0)