cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dangerous goods master - not assigned to phrase set features phrase check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have created a Dangerous Goods master record but don't seem to able to store the name of the hazardous substance i.e. ethanol. Where should this type of information be stored? I have tried entering the description in the Dangerous Goods Description field but I get an error message that says 'Characteristic not assigned to phrase set features phrase check function' and I am not sure what to do? Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JuanCarlosDelga
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jacqueline,

If you want a brief idea of how the Dangerous Goods master records works check this [link.|].

The error is due that you need to assign a phrase group for the table field in transaction CGAB, but I suppose that you need to do several previous steps.

Regards

JCD

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jacqueline

the DG master uses very ofteh the phrase master (or simply phrases). Normally the phrases are generated automatically if you use the standard DG model in EH&S. If yo would like to use DG without the standard model things are more complex. This scenario is possible but not recommended.

A number of fields in DG master are phrase based and therefore the phrase check function is called. The "fields" are related (if I remember correct) to phrase sets and the phrases should can be arranegd in phrase groups.

Normally in the SAP standard model identifiers are maintained on the level of LS_UN_SUB and "automatically" phrases are generated (some customizing set up needed; some jopbs must run etc.).

The number of fields in the DG master which are phrase based is high. Therefore you need many phrases.

PLease refer to the link which has been mentioned.

The DG master etc. is described here: http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/de/5174db4c4b11d18a110000e816ae6e/frameset.htm

Hope this helps as well

With best regards

C.B.