SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rental Management in RLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Anybody has knowledge or has experience implementing rental mgmt in RLM? Any site or documentation that you can share with in term of configuration, usage and reporting?

Thanks,

Ku Ibrahim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ku Ibrahim,

I have implemented Rentals process in RLM for one of my clients.

Let me know if you need any info on this.

Thanks,

Akash R M

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ku Ibrahim,

I have implemented Rentals process in RLM for one of my clients.

Let me know if you need any info on this.

Thanks,

Akash R M

0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

Thank for you reply. At the moment we have decided not pursue  on RM,

0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

I was searching for relevant doc. on rental management. I hv to implement RM for one of our clients. This RM would work like a generic product which will be used for different industries. I want to know its detail functionality, integration with other modules and also its scope. If you can help me to understand as how the system work for the entire rental management process in terms of FI, MM, SD, Purchase, CRM etc.

Thanks

Regards

0 Kudos

Hey Amicable,

Please let me know your specific questions.

I will answer them accordingly.

Just to note that my present client does not have IS-Oil and RLM.

Thanks,

Akash R M

0 Kudos

To add to earlier reply, please go through the below document.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-53789

I have created this document to provide an overview of the Rental Management Process in RLM.

0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

We are in the phase of developing a new product for Rental management and being a functional consultant i need to know the scope and its functionality.

I want to know-

1. How the rental management system works in relation with service contract i.e when integrated with     service contract, what is the work flow.

2. In rental equipment inquiry screen, which is accessible by the end user, what elements should be         added for example we have added- com. codes, dates, product type etc to get the detail and               specific report on rented and to be rented items.

3. In product master data right now we have  added fields like-  business domain, category,                     maintenance (it has repair records and preventive maintenance), sub-products (it has accessories         and   associated consumables), Documents (safety doc. etc). What could be the other fields or           combinations to be added in the current master data?

Thanks and Regards

Amicable

0 Kudos

Hi Amicable,

For First Question - Our Material/Equipment appears as the Free item in the PO. Hence the Net Price is Zero. So referring it in the contract might not act as required.

Also the SES posted is unplanned service, which mainly describes the duration the Material/Equipment was rented.

For Second & Third Question - Presently i am not working on a RLM project, hence does not have access to it. As far as master data is concerned, the basic data set up will be good enough, unless specific requirement mentioned by Client.

Thanks,

Akash R M

0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

Do we have any Questionnaire checklist in Rental management?

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Amicable,

Sorry for the late response.

I am not aware of any questionnaire checklist for RLM.

Thanks,

Akash R M

0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

Could you please help me with different functional test scenarios in Rental Management from FI/CO, SD, MM point of view. If I have to perform a complete functional testing for RM then what should be my right approach?

Regards

Amicable

0 Kudos

Hi Amicable,

RLM mainly focuses on sending Material from Onsite to Offshore and vice-versa. Also the main purpose of RLM is to track the material at any given point in the process i.e. whether the material is at onsite plant, loaded, in transit, received, etc.

FI/CO: You need to see if there are any Inter-Company STOs, if yes then you need to test it for all the company codes. In other words you need to check that G/L account posting for both the company codes are happening correctly or not. Also note that Document splitting, if active, is working fine or not.

SD: You need a proper mapping of the outbound delivery document types and item categories to your STOs.

MM: From Master data point of view, if you are creating Containers as the master data then you need to create Packaging materials and assign it to the Container master at the time of creation. e.g. Packaging material "Container, 40ft, XYZ Co" will be assigned to the container master data for "40ft containers."

A thorough testing of STO is required for all the plants and company codes in scope.

Also check if you have any specific storage locations for RLM in plants, if yes, need to maintain it in config.

Also consider different scenarios where material is required for a work order, material to be sent for scrapping, material to be sent to Sub contractor, Non -stock material, Text item.

Coming back to container, if in scope, testing the returns scenario is a must.

Also check if you are working on Handling units.

There can be multiple scenarios which might be specific to Client, hence you will have to identify them accordingly.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Reward, if helpful.

Thanks,

Akash R M

0 Kudos

Thanks Akash, I will get back to u soon.

regards

0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

Could you please elaborate the testing scenarios based on your experience.

I want to perform a complete thorough functional testing for equipment rental functionality like heavy Crane rental. Now taking this example- we have created the material master, associate material, rental booking inquiry, service order and service request creation, equipment maintenance and return management. Now could you please tell me if I need some other parameters/aspects to be created in the process and also what sort of documents/reports will be generated in this entire process from Renting out to return of the equipment.

Thank you

Regards

Amicable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amicable,

There are tow most important aspect of Rental process:

• Measuring the correct and actual time for the equipment being rented
  • Receipt and Returns of the Rented Equipment

You need to focus on above two points while testing your Rental process.

Please ensure that the Service Entry sheet posted for the equipment is able to record thee Correct rental period.

Also check for the financial impact when the Material/Equipment is received and returned.

As far as  master data is concerned, i think you are good once you have set up the Material/Equipment correctly.

Thanks,

Akash R M

0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

Could u please tell me what all documents and reports will be generated in this rental process? I mean from FI/CO, SD, MM, PP point of view?

Thanks

Amicable

0 Kudos

Hi Amicable,

Please check the standard RLM reports starting with transaction "O3O_MT**".

Thanks,

Akash R M

0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

thank you for the reply. Could you please send me some test cases for Rental Management. It will be really very helpful if you can provide me.

Thanks and regards

Amicable

0 Kudos

Hi Amicable,

Because of some technical issues, I am not able to retrieve any documents from my past projects.

Also i am presently working on MM-WM and don't have access to RLM.

But you can keep some basic stuff in mind while designing the test scenarios and give a look to above posted replies.

Thanks,

Akash R M

0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

Thanks for your valuable advice. However it would be easy for me if u could recall and write some scenarios here based on your past experience. Actually i ma very new to this functionality as i told you and also i dont have an y idea abt the client's requirement. I am testing it based on my own knowledge and logic. So thts y i m facing difficulties.

Regards

Amicable

0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

Do you have any documents on RM?

Regards

Amicable

0 Kudos

Hi Amicable

Did you get a chance to go through below document

It describes the Rental scenario in brief.

Please hit like or helpful answer or correct answer to the replies if its useful to you.

Thanks,

Akash R M

0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

Hope u r doing well. I would like to ask you few possible business scenarios in rental management as far as functionality is concerned. To be more specific- please tell me few specific functional scenarios where i can test its end to end functionality.

Regards,

Amicable.

0 Kudos

Hello Akash,

Could you please provide me the basic customization settings for the RLM for stock to stock process if you have any idea about these settings.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

R u still working on RLM?

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi Amicable,

Presently I am not working on  a RLM project.

Thanks,

Akash Mhowwala

0 Kudos

Ok Akash,

Can u help me to understand from FICO, SD and MM point of view which are the areas i shuld focus on RLM functionality.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi Amicable,

For FI - Its normal MM-FI configuration that needs to be completed. Need to focus on checking the accounting documents for Material movements. Also focus on Document splitting if applicable.

For SD - Since RLM is mainly focusing on material movements between on shore and off shore plants, you need to concentrate on STO related configuration i.e. Sales Org, Distribution channel, item categories, Loading group, Shipping point assignment, Customer master etc.

For MM - Material Master with concentration on STO & MRP related fields. Also material type for Container Master (If creating Container is in scope).

Hit "Correct Answer / Helpful" if applicable.

Thanks,

Akash Mhowwala

0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

Thanks for your reply. It is very helpful. Could you please provide me any supporting document for RLM? Being a Functional consultant my responsibility is to take care of the entire RLM process end to end like FI-MM integration, SD, MM etc. and for that i need some documents for reference to prepare the functional test cases, test plans and presentation. Kindly guide me.

Regards

Amicable

0 Kudos

Hi Amicable,

The documents like FS, Configuration, Test cases, etc that i have with me are Client specific and hence i can not share it with you.

I would suggest that you first complete the MM-FI and MM-SD+LE configuration pertaining to STOs, Inter-company and Intra-company both.

If you get stuck in any of the RLM related configurations then let me know, I will try to help you with best of my knowledge.

I would also suggest that in case you have any issues/errors/questions, you can start a thread in  SAP Oil and Gas

It will also help you to get suggestions and solutions Oil & Gas forum members.

Thanks & Regards,

Akash Mhowwala

0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

Could you please mention few important business scenarios to test complete RM functionality.

We have developed the product to some extent but now wondering if missing any important aspects.

Thanks and Regards,

Amicable

0 Kudos

Hi Amicable,

Most important scenarios can be

• MRP process to supply material to Off shore plants/locations from On shore plants/locations through STO.
  • Returns process of returning material from Off shore plant to onshore plant
    • Send material back to Vendor (For Quality rejections).
    • Send material back to Vendor (For refurbishment - Sub Contracting).
    • Send material to Scrap inventory.
  • Master Data aspects
    • Material Master
    • Container
    • Voyage
    • Shipment
  • Packing of Deliveries to Container and Container to shipment and Receiving of the same.

Just to request once again, please start a new Thread/Discussion in Oil & Gas so that other members can also provide their input.

Thanks,

Akash Mhowwala

0 Kudos

Thanks Akash

Regards

Amicable