cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database copy procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

How can I copy my PRODUCTION server data to DEVELOPMENT server.

Prd Server System Information.

Database: Maxdb 7.5

Operating system: Win 2k3 SP2

Database size : 57GB

Development server has same configuration of PRD server

should i directly restore PRD offline backup to Dev server. Will it work?

Please guide me...

Best regards

Amol

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Ideally I shall not recommend you to make database copy from PRD to DEV since all the version management in the development system will be lost by doing this.

For your question:

Development server has same configuration of PRD server

should i directly restore PRD offline backup to Dev server. Will it work?

Yes. It will work.

Alternate solution

As you are interested in copying PRD data to development, I would suggest you to create a new client in Development system and perform client copy from PRD to Development (new client) with SAP_ALL profile.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for reply, i am also thinking in the same way but i have one doubt in mind that if i go for remote client copy

can all Z* task will copied to target system or only SAP standard task can be copied?

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

With client copy option you can only copy client specific data ( SAP standard as well as Z-objects). For Cross client objects (SAP standard or Z-objects) you may think of reverse transport from Production to Development.

Reverse transport should be used only when particular object does not exist in development but exists in production.

Assumption here before you perform client copy is that all the cross client objects like programs and dictionary objects are present in development and is in sync with prd.

Regards,

Deepak Kori