cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unicode and non unicode compatibility

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a scenario like i need to connect my portal server EP 6.0(unicode) to my backend R/3 4.7 Enterprise edition (non unicode).

Now from various sap notes , i came to that SAP offers restricted support for these kind od mixed setup.

Now exactly, we need to take some precautionary steps for that sceanrios..But it is acceptable with single code page settings..now i need to kno whether it is possbile and also,the correct diff between MDMP,Single code page,unicode and nonunicode...

I have my R/3 4.7 Enterprise edition with two default languages installed ( english, german)..can i go abt connecting my unicode and nonunicode.

Please reply

Thanks

Gopalakrishnan M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can i confirm that it is possible to configure NetWeaver Portal(EP6) to be unicode based on SAP Web AS J2EE system or Web AS ABAP + J2EE system? Any documentation on configuration on to be unicode and the installation prequiste?

Appreciate for the query on this.

rgds,

Lee

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can connect the SAP NetWeaver Portal to a non-unicode single code page SAP ERP 4.7.

The only major rule you need to enforce is that only Latin-1 characters are processed or passed between the SAP NetWeaver portal and the backend SAP system. If you pass any other characters they will be corrupted. This includes unicode characters like the Euro symbol etc.

There is additional information in the SAP NetWeaver Portal master guide.

I hope this helps,

Mike.