cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load Balancing between Java Server nodes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

In my XI3.0 system, I have 3 server nodes in Java instance (J2ee 640).

I want to know -

How the load balancing happens between 3 server nodes?

Is this automatic by Java instance dispatcher? or there is a way to loadbalance server nodes?

How to check load on each server node?

We are not using SAP Webdispatcher in our landscape.

Kindly advise.

Best Regards

Sachin Bhatt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

The SAP recommended way to load balance any HTTP and HTTPS request (it doesn't matter if this is located in an ABAP or J2EE stack) is to use Web Dispatcher.

Cheers,

Maurício

Hi Sachin,

In your case load balancing will be performed by Java instance dispatcher only.

When a user first logs on, your network switch should identify that the user does not have an existing session and load balance them to a WAS java dispatcher. The dispatcher will then load balance the new user session to one of it's server nodes. For future requests (within the same session), the network switch should identify that you have an existing session and pass it to the same dispatcher (known as stickiness). The dispatcher will in turn pass it to the same server node. So in theory once you have a session, you should be sent to the same server node.

Regards,

Vipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maurico,

Thanks for the reply.

But as I mentioned we do not have SAP Web Dispatcher in our landscape.

In case of this scenario - how the load is balanced?

Regards

Sachin Bhatt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

In your case load balancing will be performed by Java instance dispatcher only.

When a user first logs on, your network switch should identify that the user does not have an existing session and load balance them to a WAS java dispatcher. The dispatcher will then load balance the new user session to one of it's server nodes. For future requests (within the same session), the network switch should identify that you have an existing session and pass it to the same dispatcher (known as stickiness). The dispatcher will in turn pass it to the same server node. So in theory once you have a session, you should be sent to the same server node.

Regards,

Vipin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the explanation Vipin.

Regards

Sachin

Answers (0)