cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM/FI - Inventory postings (BSX) Open Item management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello - The accounts used for inventory postings (BSX); should they be marked for open item management

or not? Is there an adverse effect if the postings on this accounts are cleared?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vivek_srivastava12
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You should not go for Inventory G\L Account as Open Item, the possible difference in FBL3N & MB5L could be for those transaction where there is no financial movement such as transfer from one Storage location to Other..

Also if you do clearing then your balance sheet will not match....that will be the big problem..

Br,Vivek

Edited by: View_taurian on Mar 5, 2012 7:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Also if you do clearing then your balance sheet will not match....that will be the big problem..

Can you elaborate on this part? Doesn't financial statement displays the cumulative balance? Regardless of I clean these items or not, cumulative balance don't change.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

It is strongly recommended NOT TO KEEP BSX Accounts Open Item managed..

The Inventory Accounts are only Stock in and Stock out entries in the GL.. so there is no meaning to keep it Open item managed..as you do not have a contra entry to clear it..

Hope it explains to you..

Regards,

SAPFICO

nico_dewaele
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why would you want open item mgmt there?

the details are in the subledger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transaction MB5L shows a difference between MM and FI. When I run the line item display (FBL3N) I only would like to see items where the balance is not zero. By clearing the clearable items I would like to simplify the list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need two entries to be able to clear the account, how do you plan to pass the second entry? I would not recommend you to have open item management for BSX accounts.

Hope this helps.

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

> You need two entries to be able to clear the account, how do you plan to pass the second entry? I would not recommend you to have open item management for BSX accounts.

I don't need an offset account since there are postings on this BSX accounts where it is in balance. But can you please explain why I shouldn't clear these accounts? What is the reason?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stock account will be debited when you post GR ..against which entry do you plan to clear this entry?

e.g stock dr 100

GR/iR clearing cr 100