cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BPC 10] input form formatting question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an input form with two dimensions in rows (input currency and rate) and the form displays two rows for each input currency, one for the closing and one for the average rate.

I am looking for a way to (by using the EMPFormattingSheet) have the header for the first dimension (i.e. the input currency) displayed bold and the header for the second dimension (i.e. the rate) not bold.

So it should look something like this:

EUR avg

_____ clo

USD avg

_____ clo

GBP avg

_____ clo

All I can get to work though is to have all header information displayed bold or none.

Has anyone got an idea how to achieve this? I do not want to use static formatting as the number of rows will change as we add more currencies and potentially more rates per currency.

Thanks,

Arnold

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

cecilia_petersson2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arnold,

How about conditional formattng in EPMFormattingSheet where you exclude your two inner dimension members when deciding which cells should be bold?

/Cecilia

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arnold,

I dont think it's possible to do what you want in the same cell because bpc format and conditional formatting both apply the format on all the cell, even if you try manually in the bpc format to made bold only the first word, you will see it in the format area well but in the expanded area it doesn't work.

Maybe you can try to do it with VBA code.

Kind regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then I have completely mis-understood (or rather not understood at all) the meaning of applying a format to the inner or outer dimension on the EPM format sheet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Arnold,

Are you referring to Nested dimensions?  Where you can format the Row Label, but its all or nothing? Cannot format the dimensions differently?  I have also ran into that problem and have been unable to solve it so far.

Sean

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think there is a way around this. You could make a local member in the columns to display the inner dimension information (and hide the original header column) (you can easily refer to the header column). Then, you can format it as a local member, which can be different from the header formatting of the row dimension..

Let me know if this is acceptable as a workaround

Kind regards,

christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christophe,

It kind of is ...

I started with this

I then added a local member and got to this

What I am looking for is this

Thanks,

Arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnold,

This is how I see it

you have a local member for the second header with name LocalMember000, something like this - or through cell reference - (not the issue here)

Then use that name to add this Local Member to the formatting sheet

Then set the formatting of the 'data' section..

This should give result below

Then just Hide Column 'C'  and insert another local member or blank member to create an extra empty column between the labelling and the data..

in your case also add a border to the header and data section of the local member.

I'm using the 'add' function in the formatting sheet to avoid using the 'default' local member option - as you may have other local members with different formatting..

This should be a promising approach as far as I understand the problem 🙂

Kind regards,

christophe