cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing huge (10 million rows) tables into HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

i need to import huge tables (40.000.000 records) into an HANA system, in order to develop a demo system for a customer.

I'm planning to use CSV files.

Does someone have experience in a task like this? is there a limit to CSV file dimension?

Many thanks

Leopoldo Capasso

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

rama_shankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check out this blog for best practice to load high volume data from flat files:

http://scn.sap.com/community/hanainmemory/blog/2013/04/08/bestpracticesforsaphanadataloads

Hope this helps.

Rama

vijay_simha3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Helo Rama Shankar,

I am facing some issue while click on link which you provided. can you please check and update the correct link.

Regards,

Vijay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay

Here is the updated link

Regards

Shashank K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keshava,

Looking for something in Hana Cloud.

Regards,

Harish

vijay_simha3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Leopoldo,

As per my knowledge .csv file (any flat file) do not have any limitataions. The main thing is depends on the database from where you are fetching data. In R/3 perspective it will allows you to extract upto 1billion records into a single flat file.

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks for your answer.

Just to have some more details, how big were your flat files, and how much time did you spend to generate them on the source system and to copy them on HANA Server?

PS

Import times are simply fantastic!

former_member182277
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually size of the file is depend on the number of the coulmns in the flat file.

For example: I load the file having the 1 million record with 50 columns.

The size of the file is around 150 MB and it took less than 5 minutes to copy the file into server.

Regards,

Neha Singla

former_member182277
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried to load the around 5 million record thorugh the flat file. It took less than one minute to load the data into SAP HANA. Now aware about the limit of the file size.

Regards,

Neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Do you mind to share your code on how to load 5million records of flatfile in abap program?

Thank you.

Regards,

Kelvin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leopoldo,

The most I've imported via flat file is 4 million rows. It took about 35 seconds to load so the load times are very quick. I'm not aware of any limits on the size for a flat file load.

Regards,

Gary