cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Module "Real Estate, RE-FX"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a hard time finding information about the SAP module "Real Estate". I'm currently selectively activating business content, but we are not too happy about the SAP standard solution.

The SAP solution is to load data straight into a cubes, which will need to be emptied before loading.

But that aside,

In our design data/infosources 0REFX_2 and 0REFX_7 are loaded into an ODS each and I wish to build a cube on top of the 2 ODS's with the inflow-outflow principle. The 2 datasources only give the changes (plusses and minuses) so it would be perfect for inflow-outflow.

How do I define an inflow-outflow based keyfigure, when I only have an inflow keyfigure and no outflow? (0MEAS_CHG for example only give the changes, +30, -15, +50, etc.)

Does anyone know where I can find a white paper regarding inflow-outflow?

Thanks,

Eduard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i HAVE THE 0MEAS_VALUE Key figure which is non cumulative in my ods, but when i try to map that to infosource it does not show up in transformation. the how will i map that TO ECC Field " 0meas_value"

Please help me.Please correct me if this is not right I am using Valid to and Valid from and 0reobject as Key field in ods.

Thanks

soniya

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'd suggest to make a multiprovider. Easier in maintenance in case you need to change anything later.

Eduard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please Help me with this.

I have the measurement Amount "0meas_value" non cumulative key figure and

aggregation properties Sum and Last value and other key figure is 0meas_chg

cUMULATIVE KEY FIGURE. aggregation properties Sum and summation. Now my question if I map the field from R3 Datasource (MEASVALUE) to CUMULATIVE key figure 0meas_chg, will it me a mess??? , Since when i try to put "0meas_value" non cumulative key figure in infosource it gives the error that you cannot put the non cumulative keyfigure in infosource. Please tell how can i then map to non cumulative key figure.?? and if I do not map what will be the problem??

Technical name: 0MEAS_VALUE (Non Cumulative)

Use

This key figure contains the measurement amount of a real estate object on a given key date. The key figure is used for analyzing changes to the real estate portfolio.

and

Technical name: 0MEAS_CHG (Cumulative)

Use

This key figure contains the change to a measurement on a given key date. The key figure is used for analyzing changes to the real estate portfolio.

Technical Data

Aggregation

SUM

Exception Aggregation

SUMMATION

Cumulative/Non-Cumulative Value

Cumulative value

Thanks

Soniya

Former Member
0 Kudos

My cube has only 2 keyfigures:

0MEAS_VALUE and 0MEAS_CHG.

The info/datasources (0REFX_2 and 0REFX_7) deliver 3 key figures:

<u>0REFX_2</u>:

0MEAS_CAP_C, capacity change (dep on 0MEASTYPE gross, nett, free)

<u>0REFX_7:</u>

0MS_VAL_O_C, occupancy change

0MS_VAL_V_C, available space change

(These 2 are eachothers opposite)

In loading the cube, 0MEAS_CAP_C and 0MS_VAL_O_C are both mapped to 0MEAS_CHG, and OMEAS_VALUE stays empty. (0MS_VAL_V_C is not necessary as it's the opposite of 0MS_VAL_O_C)

The infoobject 0MEAS_VALUE is the NCum. Value with NCum. value change 0MEAS_CHG.

In the query you have to make a calculated keyfigure based on 0MEAS_VALUE, with exception aggregation on the last value, based on 0CALDAY.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Eduard

PS, you might want to start a new topic about it, as this topic is still my question which has been solved already.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduard, Please help every one on this in BI 7.0. I have a requirement to bring 0fiscper and 0VAC_PER cube ZMAP_1 which is same as ZREFX_C02.

Cube ZMAP_1 has standard mapping to infosource and datasource 0refx_2. now since 0fiscper and 0VAC_PER are missing in 0REFX_2 ,I am trying to bring the fields from

0refx_5 but when i create the transformation from cube cube ZMAP_1 to infosource 0refx_5 it ask me to map 0calday field in cube but there is no valid from or 0calday field in infosource 0refx_5 so i try mapping 0fiscper with 0calday which ofcourse will not work. please suggest now in steps how to proceede, since i have very simple requirement to bring 0fiscper and 0VAC_PER in cube ZMAP_1 by creating the mapping from datasource 0refx_5.

please help with the steps in BI 7.0

thanks

Regards

Soniya Kapoor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Soniya,

As I have stated before, <u>I don't work with BI 7.0</u>. We're still evaluating whether to upgrade or not.

As for the design, we purposely chose not to use the SAP-business content way of building RE-FX. Our company policy is not to load into cubes directly from R/3. There is always an ODS inbetween. This makes things more flexible and less dependent on the cubes. Cubes are very subject to change, ODS's are not.

Please re-read what you just said:

<i>I am trying to bring the fields from 0refx_5</i>, <i>but there is no valid from or 0calday field in infosource 0refx_5</i>. <i>since i have very simple requirement to bring 0fiscper and 0VAC_PER in cube ZMAP_1 by creating the mapping from datasource 0refx_5</i>

What isn't there, isn't there. Why do you try to use 0REFX_5 in the first place, if it doesn't have the mentioned fields? I can't follow your reasoning. Sorry...

Cheers,

Eduard

PS: Babu, please read the previous posts carefully (my 3rd post): I do NOT have info on the RE-module in writing. I only have my own design document which I can't share outside the company. I can only give general pointers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduard, I have a requirement to bring the real estate measurement data and fixed asset and tax data from condition cube to generate the real estate Investment/market / tax value - portfolio overview report. all fields are available in different datasources

is it possible that i create a multiprovider on top of 3 cubes fixed aset,measurement and condition cube and select the field char and key figure to meet the requirement

OR

i need to enhance the datasource of fixed asset to include the measurement information and push that to custom cube based on fixed cube to include measurement fields

Please suggest the minimum requirement to build a multiprovider so that i can decide on approach

please help asap

Regards

Soniya Kapoor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Babu, I have no knowledge of an Oracle solution for RE. When a company is already a SAP user, it would be obvious to go for the SAP solution over the Oracle one, wouldn't it? It would be a maintenance nightmare if every ERP module had it's own system.

cheers,

E

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur reply. can u pl send me the information on re module.

Regards

babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Soniya,

I have not used 0REOBJECT as a masterdata object, so there is no datasource for it in my design. 0REOBJECT is a field delivered by the 0REFX_2 and 0REFX_7 datasources and it's basically a concatenation of 0REOBJTYPE + 0COMPCODE + 0BUSENTITY + 0REBUILDING. A very long infoobject, perfect for using as key in an ODS. But there is no neccesary masterdata to go with it that you can load with 0REOBJECT_ATTR. Instead, I use the masterdata of 0REOBJTYPE, 0COMPCODE, 0BUSENTITY, 0REBUILDING for my queries.

My ODS's basically follow the Bus. Cont. datasources 0REFX_2 and 0REFX_7 one-on-one.

So, in short, I use these datasources:

- 0REFX_2 (TRX data for ODS1)

- 0REFX_7 (TRX data for ODS2)

- 0REBUILDING_ATTR & TEXT (masterdata)

- 0BUSENTITY_ATTR & TEXT (masterdata)

- 0REPROPERTY_ATTR & TEXT (masterdata)

- 0RENTOBJECT_ATTR & TEXT (masterdata)

- 0OBJ_COND (texts)

- 0MEASTYPE (texts)

- 0REOBJTYPE (texts)

- 0RENTTYPE (texts)

Hope that helps...

Eduard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soniya,

I do not have any SAP documents. That was my problem too and I posted here to find something, but never got a response. REFX is obviously not a widespread application. I basically used the SAP library (help.sap.com) to find info on the datasources and experimented with 'Non-cumul. value change'-keyfigures myself.

Regarding the activation of datasources, I had problems replicating aswell, because I was replicating the wrong REFX-part. There is "Real Estate Management" and "Flexible Real Estate Management", both in different nodes in the datasource tree. Did you try to replicate both?

Cheers,

Eduard

PS, how is BI 7.0? What are the major improvements over 3.5 that are really valuable/handy? We're evaluating upgrading, but we won't upgrade until we really know if the benefits outweigh the trouble of upgrading.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi eduard, BI 7.0 is just excellent with the some great features. I have listed some below. I want to what field you have put in ods 1 and 2 and what to do about 0 meas_type can u explain me the exact steps to create the

exact same report here in BI 7.0 FOR BMW. Kindly help me. with some screen shots or any tech document that u can send me at soniyakv@hotmail.com Please send me ur email i will send you some upgrade documents for justification.

here is some

• Deploy and train end users on Visual Composer for BEx Reporting allowing them to modify

existing queries more easily into professional/polished reports, reducing the current time being

deployed to modify them into less effective presentations.

• Deploy Information Broadcasting for specific business content (yet to be identified) that will push

reports to business users, providing information more timely, eliminating user execution.

• Rework our current BW/BASIS Configuration and Job Scheduling to increase load performance,

reducing the current overall duration our network runs by over 50%, and reduce/eliminate our

current manual monitoring processes.

• Develop Dashboards for Sales, Purchasing, Facilities and Supply Chain and convert about dozen

BW reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edurad can u please reply to any of my open post so that I can give you points for the help. I want to know since there is no 0reobject_attr for flexible real estate how you have included 0REOBJECT IN CUBE AND ODS. HAVE U CREATE THE DATA SOURCE I KNOW THERE IS one in real estate but not in flexible real estate

please help

thanks

Soniya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have finished the REFX design and it seems to work fine. It's now on the test-system and will be transported to production soon.

In a nutshell:

The report show the available floorspace (gross and nett), the floorspace available for renting and the floorspace rented out.

I have created 3 ODS's and 1 infocube.

ODS 1: On top of BC datasource 0REFX_2, key = real estate object, valid from

ODS 2: On top of BC datasource 0REFX_7, key = real estate object, valid from

ODS 3: Also on top of BC datasource 0REFX_7, additive and key = real estate object

ODS 3 does not have the 'valid from'-date in the key for a specific reason: 0REFX_7 does not supply data until 31.12.9999. When a lease contract ends, no data is supplied with occupancy = 0 for this real estate object. So if a contract ends on 30.09.2006 and you run a report for october 2006, you will no see data. We use ODS 3 to create a 0-record from the end of the last contract + 1 day until 31.12.9999.

Basically, because the 'valid from'-date is not in the key and the ODS is set to additive, loading a full load into ODS 3 shows you the total amount that is rented out for each real estate object. This data is then loaded into ODS 2 with the key figures * -1 (setting the leased out space to 0).

This way, every real estate object will have records up until 31.12.9999, which allows reporting on periods after a building has made unavailable for rent. Having additive keyfigures also means that the ODS needs to be emptied before loading.

The cube is also emptied before loading and is filled by ODS 1 and 2. There is only one keyfigure which has a different meaning depending on the 0MEASTYPE (gross, nett, available for rent, occupied). This key figure is a 'Non-cumul. value change' key figure based on 0MEAS_CHG.

This also needs to be taken into account met making a query (create a calc keyf with exception aggregation for calenderday)

A bit of a quick overview, but I hope this'll give you some ideas.

Cheers,

Eduard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduard, I have the Requirement to Build the design for flexible real estate in BI , I will highly apprecaite if you can send me any SAP documents that helps or any other technical / functional documents that you might have on this would really be great help. you can email me any references at soniyakv@hotmail.com

I will reward the full points

Thanks

Soniya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduard, I have the requirement to activate the datasources 0REFX_2 AND 0refx_1 and 0refx_8 all of these data sources got activated in r/3 but when i replicated in BI 7.0 and after that i see that it says modified version and active version does not exist. what does this mean. how can i activate this datasource 0REFX_2

Please help

thanks

Soniya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sir,

I am in need of re module. my boss asked me to give a demo on advantages of SAP RE module when compared to Oracle. Pl send me the Advantage of RE module over Oracle.

Thanks,

Babu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I was impressed by the design ideas on how to display the Real estate data.

There has been a requirement to display

- How many days is the rental object vacant

- The from and to dates

- To see if it is attached to a contract

- if it is not occupied, how long has vacant

Do the preexisting queries, delivered in business content answer these questions, or will a multiprovider across cubes be required to answer these.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduard / Everyone, Can u please send me the design document to my email soniyakv@hotmail.com or suggest the approach to include the ODS for 0REFX_2 AND 0REFX_7 and I want to know what to put in key field and what to put in data field for an ODS design for real estate.

Thanks

Soniya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u pl send me information about RE module.

Thanks,

Surendra.