Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPOME - Some position copies do not copy all infotypes

Garrett_M
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have encountered a problem using PPOME to copy a position. When copying a position, it is not copying the position's IT1001, STy. A011,B007, and IT1013 across to the new position. What's even more strange is that depending on the position, this does not replicate for all positions. Some position copies do copy those infotypes across and yet other positions I copy do not. I have already checked the T77ITEX table for exclusions and these infotypes and STy are not in the table.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? I can't understand why only certain positions I copy are affected and some copy just fine. When I created the original position, did I miss something that says whether those infotypes can be copied or not?

Thanks,

Garrett

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christine_morin
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear Garett,

The reason why the rel.ship 007 if for eg. it is related to roles AG, is not copied might be due to missing authorizations

Object type AG is a so-called external object type. For this object types a special authorization is checked. Please also have a look at the attached note 1047644 (here you can find more information about this issue). Please add S_USER_AGR authorizations to your user. Hope it helps,

Kind Regards

Christine

Garrett_M
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response Christine. I still have some questions based on your answer.

I checked and the note has not been implemented in our system yet, however I'm confused.

After reading the note 1047644, the note appears to fix an issue where it's copying over more infotype relationships than it should. In my issue it's not copying over infotypes it should copy. Also, wouldn't every postion I try to copy be affected? I don't understand why I can copy one positon in an org unit and it copy over all the infotypes, yet I go to another org unit to copy another position, it's missing those infotypes I mentioned. Wouldn't the missing authorizations be an all or nothing result, versus based on a single position in a differnet org unit?

Garrett

Garrett_M
Participant
0 Kudos

I think I have figured out what the problem is.

I decided to use a cost center for another position I copied successfully and replace the cost center of the position that did not fully copy with it. After replacing the cost center and saving, I copied the position again and this time all those infotypes copied over successfully. This is what I think happened and I'm going to turn in a SAP ticket for it.

1) The position was created in the past with specific account assignments.

2) Between then and now, the original cost center was delimited or became obsolete at some point.

3) A user makes a copy of the position with the obsolete cost center, yet nothing in PPOME indicates that the cost center is invalid.

4) The position copy works, but leaves out the cost center and any other subsequent infotype objects.

I'm guessing there is an error, but is supressed somehow, or isn't enough of an issue to prevent the copy object from continueing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Garett,

We are also facing the same exact situation in our systems and we tried your solution it works.

But its very tedious or not a viable solution to copy all obselete cost centers.

Did SAP recommend any OSS note or any other viable solution.

Can you please help?

Regards,

Vin

Garrett_M
Participant
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, there isn't an OSS note to repair this.  I had a ticket in to SAP about this and they came back indicating that other customer's expect or want this functionality.  In my opinion, that's nonsense.  At the least, the system should continue to copy all the other valid infotypes to the new postion and not simply just stop.  Why bother letting the system copy the position at all if there is irrelevant data? 

I have not found any other valid solution at this point.  Making sure the cost center or other infotype information is valid before copying any object is the only solution I can recommend at this point.  I agree it can be very tedious.  I am looking into creating a process or report that can cross reference all the objects in the org structure against all the cost centers in the system.  If one becomes obsolete or blocked, then it will appear on the report and our OMS is responsible for updating the object with valid account assignment information. This process would be a proactive approach and hopefully eliminate the problem with creating copied positions with missing infotype data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I appreciate your spontaneous reply. I agree with you that SAP should either not allow the copy of the object with a hardstop error so that we know the problem instead of finding it out laters or atleast copy all the objects and relationships except the one's with issue and show them in the error log or warning list for the objects or relationships not copied. Now your proactive solution looks great but to get it developed here in our company is a monotonous task. Hope SAP comes up with a standard report that would alert us. Thanks for all your help would communicate further if needed.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

wali1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I know I am answering to an old post but, I had the same scenario which I fixed by created a single role with only object S_USER_SAS and assigned that role to users in HR who are responsible for creating new positions as a copy of an existing position.

It worked perfectly file.

Cheers.

Wali