We have EP 6.0 with MS-SQL as DB and WINDOWS as OS.
Our Administrator password got locked and wanted to reset the same.
I have tried to enable the EMERGENCY USER SAP*, but it is not happening ..Can any one guide me to fix the problem ?
Steps which I have followed to do
1) Go to the Server Installed path i.e. usr\sap\<systemid>\<system instance>\J2EE\configtool\
2) Choose configtool.bat and start it.
3) Under Global Server Configuration, choose Services.
4) Find com.sap.security.core.ume.service, click it.
5) Under Global Properties, find ume.superadmin.activated
6) Set the Custom value to TRUE. Click on SET to apply the new value
7) Apart from that, I have set another property i.e.
8) ume.superadmin.password, define some password.The password that you are defining is for SAP*. save the changes.
9) Restarted the cluster / server.
10) Tried to logon to Portal with SAP* with the changed password and here it gives as authentication failed.
Hope you are doing good.
The steps seem to be all correct.
What is the UME of the JAVA server?
If the UME is a ABAP engine, please use the ABAP TCode - /nSU01 to change the password of the user J2ee_admin. In this case, you do not need to activate the SAP* user.
Please can you make sure that the UME properties are changed in the
offline config tool.
Login to the configtool->switch to the configuration editor mode->configuration->cluster_data->server-> cfg> services->
Check the below values:
ume.superadmin.activated and ume.superadmin.password
Thank you and have a nice day :).
You mean to say , there are no active user id's to login to your portal?
If you have other user id , you can get Administrator unlocked with that , no need of activating emergency SAP* user.
Also try if other tools like JSPM and visual admin allowing you to login?
This is a standalone java engine and the datasource maintained is UME.
Any way i tried again by following the standard procedure of enabling the Emergency User SAP* and by using this I have reset the password of Administrator.
Now my new Problem is :
1>JCONTOL.exe process is getting stopped automatically after 30 mins of server restart showing the log status as "Stopped, License check failed".
2>Again after restarting the server it allowed me to login to VA to check the License(Licensing Adaptor).
3>Here under General section I am able to see three entires
i>j2ee-engine_MSS(status shows as expired on 5th Jan 12 and this is an extended temporary license(28 days).
ii>Maintenance_MSS(status shows as expired on 3rd Jan 12 and any way this will have only 90 days validity)
iii>Netweaver_MSS (Status shows as valid and expiration is 31/12/9999).
4>Now My doubt is because of 1st option got expired this issue is happening up(j2ee-engine_MSS ) ?
5>What is the procedure to apply for a permanent license of type J2EE-ENGINE_MSS ?
6>What is the difference between License J2EE-ENGINE_MSS & Netweaver_MSS ?
Awaiting your reply.
You have to do few things really quick to avoid facing the license issues.
Make sure you have the new license file ready with you.
Only then delete the exiting licenses in the machine and apply the new one.
When the license is removed from the system, the System will be accessible only for few minutes, then again the system will come down.
I experienced the same, because of license issues.