cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Dynamic Webi 3.1 filename in Publication

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a webi 3.1 report that is being called from a publication used for bursting using the eFashion universe. I want the file name to be dynamic, based on the profile. Within the webi report I created a free standing cell that I set to "Western States" or "Eastern States" based on the states in the report at the time of the run (set by the profile). This works correctly. But there does not seem to be a way to get the report to use the free standing cell value as part of the report name. From the publication, properties, destinations, use specific name I can only pick title and document name. Neither of these is the free standing cell in the report. I saw that version 4.0 has this ability but I can't upgrade for another year and deski is not an option. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe the only option would be to use the SDK though I am not sure about this, if you have Java progarmmers in house you may wish to ask in the SDK forums

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I figured out how to create dynamic report names with 2 fields within the Publication tool.  I padded fullname and  email in dynamic recipients to be the two fields I wanted from the report.  Then in Destinations, File Name:, Use specific name I picked userfullname and email address to create the report name.   But that would not work if I actually needed to use the email address to send the report to.  We don't have Java programmers and may have to find other options.  Thanks.