cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Behavior of Timed Trigger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had some experimentation with Timed Trigger UI Element. By definition It should trigger repeatedly with a constant delay. But say when view is loaded and I press some other button before the Timed Trigger element triggers, then the Timed Trigger elements starts from first.

Say I set a delay of 10 sec. I press a button on 5th sec, then the timed trigger element triggers the action on 15th sec.

It seems totally meaning less. Is it the behavior of the element or its just a bug which was corrected in later enhancement. If its the behavior of the element, what is the purpose of such designing.

Regards,

Fareez

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

That is how the UI element is designed:

After each round trip to the server u2013 that is, after each user action, the timer is restarted.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/2b/a7eb41eda96624e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply. But I would like to make a timer for a quiz like application. I want to pull the user out of the questions view when the given time is over. During the time the user will make actions such as answering. Any suggestion.

Thanks & Regards,

Fareez

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Two workarounds:

Save the original start time on the server. Then whenever there is a server side event, calculate the amount of time remaining based upon current time minus start time. Then bind this new value to the TimedTrigger. It will reset with the time remaining instead of the original time.

If you are on NetWeaver 7.02 or higher, you could use the Web Dynpro Notification Service. This allows a server side process to "push" events to the client. Start a timer loop (wait up to x seconds) in a new dialog work process (call function starting new task). At the end of the time, it can trigger the WDA event. This timer won't be disrupted by the server side events.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got it. Thank you.

Regards,

Fareez

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any help Thomas?