cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFP Masthead Customization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to customize the Masthead View in Ajax framework page. I am using SAP NW 7.3 Portal and NWDS 7.3 SP05 editor.

I imported project com.sap.portal.navigation.afp.masthead.war in to the Java EE workspace through NWDS. Referenced all required jars through SharingReference and deployed the application.

While trying to preview the masthead view from portal objects, I got the following error.

11:01_06/03/12_0005_3565651 
[EXCEPTION] 
com.sap.portal.prt.broker.PortalModuleNotFoundException: Could not retrieve portal application com.sap.portal.navigation.service.PersonalizedNavigationService

Caused by: com.sapportals.portal.prt.service.ServiceException: Error while retrieving service: com.sap.portal.navigation.service.PersonalizedNavigationService 
at com.sap.portal.prt.service.ServiceManager.get(ServiceManager.java:270) 
at com.sap.portal.prt.runtime.Portal$RuntimeResources.getService(Portal.java:130) 
at com.sap.portal.navigation.afp.Utils.showTabsets(Utils.java:136) 
at PRT_jsp_WEB_2d_INF_jsp_Masthead_3565651_1331054911684_1331055078341._doContent(PRT_jsp_WEB_2d_INF_jsp_Masthead_3565651_1331054911684_1331055078341.java:229) 
... 70 more 
Caused by: com.sap.portal.prt.broker.PortalModuleNotFoundException: Could not retrieve portal application com.sap.portal.navigation.service.PersonalizedNavigationService  

I checked the Java Application com.sap.portal.navigation.service and it contains some services. But I cannot find PersonalizedNavigationService under the application?

What could be the issue? How to solve this?

Regards,

Eben Joyson.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just try the below wiki..

Sap+portal+7.30+-+change+portal+masthead.+Libraries+that+you+need+to+start+customization.

Regards,

Jay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eben,

I tried to do the same thing as you and I am getting the same error . Did you work out what the problem was? Like you I am trying to use the standard AFP Masthead code as I would like to make some structural changes to the layout in the JSP.

Thanks,

Simon

Update: I did a bit more digging and found that if I removed the reference to:

Utils.isPortalPlaceMode(currentRequest)

Utils.showTabsets(currentRequest) and

Utils.getTabsetsMinSize()

I could get the component to compile and run.... but still the question remains why the Utils class is throwing these errors, by Detlev's suggestions it would appear to be a version mismatch somewhere... I will keep looking

Update 2!:

When I looked closely at the component I took from the server, it turned out to be from 702 portal not a 7.3 portal... so as Detlev said there was a version mismatch (good catch mate!). I am guessing you have done something similar. If you look in the package-version.properties file of the JAR file in the private/lib folder you will probably see a reference to NW702... I went back and got the right version this time from the server.

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eben,

This sounds very very much like a mixup of different portal applications from different SPs. Why?

In your stacktrace, you have

com.sap.portal.navigation.afp.Utils.showTabsets(Utils.java:136)

In SP05, the method showTabsets in class Utils only uses lines 373 and 374; the service call also is correct there (line 373):

IInitialNodesPersonalizationService personalizeService =
    (IInitialNodesPersonalizationService)PortalRuntime.getRuntimeResources().getService
    ("com.sap.portal.navigation.service.InitialNodesPersonalizationService");

Your deployed application com.sap.portal.navigation.afp.masthead has a different implementation (using the reference string "com.sap.portal.navigation.service.PersonalizedNavigationService"), but your deployed application com.sap.portal.navigation.service gets called via the reference string "com.sap.portal.navigation.service.InitialNodesPersonalizationService".

So, you have to assure that you are running both applications from the same SP!

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Detlev,

Yes... I checked the SP Level of both applications.

Under the software component EP_RUNTIME ,

EP-RUNTIME sap.com SAP AG 1000.7.30.5.1.20111117115200

I have these two development component,

sap.com/EP-RUNTIME com.sap.portal.navigation.service 173962 sap.com EP-PIN-NAV SAP AG J2EE 2.01112E+13 7.3005.20111116150817.0000

sap.com/EP-RUNTIME com.sap.portal.navigation.afp.masthead 160475 sap.com EP-PIN-NAV SAP AG J2EE 2.01112E+13 7.3005.20111116150817.0000

So I hope, both the applications are at same SP Level. All other Software Components are also at SP 5.

What else I can do to solve this issue.?

NWDS version is 7.3 SP05.

Regards,

Eben Joyson