cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define and deactivate Ledgers - Error Message FAGL_MIG223

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting the below error message when I ma trying to update the Define and deactivate Ledgers in SPRO. I created a Company code and assigned it to a Company. Also assigned the FY Variant, Posting Period Variant.

I updated the Define Ledgers in General ledger Accounting with two Non leading Ledgers. Next I am trying to update the Define and deactivate Ledgers and I am getting the below errors.

Please let me know if I am Missing anything.

Migration service must be used for production company codes

Message no. FAGL_MIG223

Diagnosis

You are assigning a new ledger to a productive company code without using a migration service.

System Response

The assignment cannot be made.

Procedure

To ensure the consistency of the data for a company code that is already used, other activities need to be performed, such as the following:

Define assignment time/date

Ensure completeness

Build opening balances of the new ledger

This function can only be performed with the assistance of the SAP General Ledger Migration Service. For more information, see SAP Note 1227504.

Since the ledger is assigned to a company code that is already used in your production system, you first need to activate the migration service. Otherwise, it is not possible to update the posting data consistently to the ledger or to build balances.

Thanks,

Raja.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The name of the node is "Define and Activate Non-Leading Ledgers", by the way. Your company code is marked as productive in OBY6; that is the reason why you are getting that error message, which is quite detailed and self-explanatory by the way. If your company code is already in production, think about a plan to copy the existing production data to the new non-leading ledger to which you are attempting to assign this company code. Either you have a solid plan to do that or you engage SAP migration services.

If you are still in design phase and your company code has no data in production, there is no necessity to mark your company code as productive in OBY6. Uncheck that checkbox in OBY6 and proceed with the configuration that you are trying to do.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Yes the message should have been posted as Activate and not Deactivate.

Also the Company is not checked as Productive in OBY6 or OBR3. I am currently working on a Sandbox so Production data.

Any other suggestions please.

Thanks,

Raja.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having the issue because we I am selecting YES in this case.

Below is the message:

You have activated new General Ledger Accounting. Now you

want to assign a new ledger to the company code that has

been added.

o If the company code is already used in your

production system, you need to cancel the assignment

and start by activating the migration service (see

<LS>Info</>).

o If the company code is not used in your production

system, you can save the assignment. However, note the

restrictions listed under <LS>Info</>.

Is the ledger assigned to a company code that is used

productively?

Yes No Info Cancel

Among the four options i was trying to select yes and hence it did not allow me to save. When I selected No did not have any issues. Probably I should have read the message more seriously.

Thanks,

Raja.