Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Approval assignment block to SMHF in Solman 7.1

former_member188058
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am currently working on Charm configuration in Solman 7.1. I have to configure approval process for Z - urgent change (ZMHF) whcih is copy of std SMHF.

In this regard, is it possible to extend the functionality of "Approval Procedure" of SMCR (Request for Change) to SMHF also? If yes, how can i add new "Approval" assignment block to SMHF transaction in CRM UI. Unfortunately, i couldnt find any configuration for adding assignment bloacks to transaction types.

Else, the only option to configure approval process woudl be use actions and user status as was the case with earlier process in solman 7.0.

Can anyone please help me with confirmation if this can be done just like approvals in SMCR or not? If yes, how to do it?

Regards,

Imran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188058
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Shai and Ravi for your responses. I think my question was not very clear, so let me explain it better.

In SMCR, we have approval procedure (SMCR0001) which can be used for getting required approvals from change managers..etc. But this functionality is not available in SMHF (Std. Urgent Change). My question was - Can i copy the std approval procedure SMCR0001 to say ZMHF0001 and use this ZMHF0001 in the Urgent CD (like SMHF or ZMHF). Is this really possible or not? If yes, can u provide some guidance in this regard.

If i understand your responses correctly, it is possible to use this approval procedure in copy of SMCR (like ZMCR or YMCR) and not for YHF or ZMHF (Copy of SMHF).

Also, another input is, we are not using SMCR in our scenario, but directly starting with Urgent CD creation (ZMHF). I can use copy control rules and setting only when i use SMCR as trigger for SMHF. But this is not the case in my scenario.

Hope i am clear in my query. Looking forward to your expert guidance.

Regards,

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Imran,

I have thesame need. You've made ​​progress in this?

Regards,

jm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Imran,

Were you able to add an Approval Assignment Block to ZMHF?  We have a similar issue and I could not see any SAP standard configuration document towards this. 

Highly appreciate your inputs.

Thanks in advance, and best regards,

Shaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

I got your point.. You need insert "Approval Settings in ZMHF" in your urgent corrections.

So let me tell you from where it picks up

SPRO -> SAP Solman -> Capabilties -> Change management -> Std COnfig -> Transaction type -> Approval Settings

From here the Request for change transaction type picks up the approval.

I am not really sure .. how much comfortable to implement this in the UC as it is picked from the Approval determination procedure..

The easiest way which i could suggest is.. lets say in a particular status the change needs to be get approved.. SO create one more status in your status profile saying "Approved for QA" or "Approved for PRod" then only assign the authorisation objects B_USERSTAT to those who can approve the UC to that status.. this will be quite easy to configure..

With some statuses and actions you will be able to achieve this.

Let me know if any queries.

Thanks,

Jagadish.

mich_vollmer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Imran,

sorry to say but Approval Procedure for change documents is currently not supported. It's on our backlog list to support this in the future. But there is hard-coded proxy class checks which work only for the RfC, f.e. when resetting a user status and the approval procedure has to be reset, too,

Best regards,

Michael

roybrasse
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

You mentioned that Approval Procedures for change documents may be supported in the future (in 2012).  Can you confirm if SP10 and/or SP11 support Approval Procedures for change documents.

Thanks,
Roy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member188058
Active Participant
0 Kudos

All,

As rightly mentioned by Michael, this is not supported by Std SAP and we cannot use approval procedure in SMHF. We need to work with actions and statusses to achieve any approvals in change documents.

Regards,

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

I did configured Approval assigment block for my General Change type ZMCG ( copy from SMCG )

There is only one issue:

When approval result is Rejected user status not switching to "Rejected".

When approval result is Approved user status switching to "Approved"

Dear Michael,

Can you assist? my last customization was at Assign Implementation to Change Transaction Types

Here for my ZMCG i changed

interface to CL_CHM1_EXT_CHANGEREQ_INSTANCE

ID CR05

Document T = space

Like SMCR

Also added actions to statuses:

E0003    20    APP_SCOPE

E0004    10    APP_SCOPE

This is the only point last, when i finish will post a blog for this

Regards Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've created thread for this

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3345878

any input??

Missing some customization i think but can't find wich...

Regards Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see if this can help you ...

The Request for Change in Solution Manager 7.1 has a new screen area to define the scope. This new area is the scope assignment block.

The Request for Change in Solution Manager 7.1 offers inside the Scope assignment block the possibility for several follow up documents also of different types. The field subject is obsolete in Solman 7.1 it was replaced by the change category of the scope assignment block.

To define which change categories are valid you can perform the following customizing.

SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide - SAP Solution Manager - Capabilities (Optional) - Change Management - Standard Configuration - Change Request Management Framework - Make Settings for Change Transaction Types

Choose SMCR Request for Change or your corresponding customer specific request for change and then double click on u201CCopy Control Rulesu201D in the left navigation area.

Here you can define which follow up documents (also your own Z & Y Types) you want to allow in the scope as change category as well as define which information of the request for change shall be automatically copied. e.g. priority, text, date, attachments, context.

Let me know if you need any further clarifications...

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understand your question correctly please look below the procedure that you can follow to copy the controls over to the transaction types.

Note: This is only for SolMan 7.1 SP03 and above.

The customizing of the copy control rules only work properly for Z & Y Types if before the CRM Copy control was performed properly. You can find this customizing under: SAP Solution Manager Implementation Guide - Customer Relationship Management u2013 Transactions - Basic Settings - Copying Control for Business Transactions - Define Copying Control for Transaction Types

Please do revert back if this not what you are looking....

Thanks,

Shai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note : Only documents that are target of SMCR (or Z & Y) here will be allowed in the Change management copy rules.