cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business blue print in solar01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My new assignment where I have to configure business process management in solar01

but our Business processes are too critical, We used the modeling tool as ARIS , where each process has up to 7 levels.

I am wondering how can i sync this 7 level with Business process blue print 3 leavls,

Please guide

Thanks,

Jansi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Yes I agree with Felipe. You can have n levels in ARIS but your synchronisation scope must be restricted to three levels only (scenario, process and process step [incl todes]).

Many times, the process hierarchy in ARIS includes many levels to aid in classifying and grouping sub processes. If you can combine\merge or redesign to establish an appropriate 3 level framework then it becomes easier to sync with SolMan.

Hope it helps. Let me know if you need further info.

Cheers

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, shivjansi

Your question isn't very clear for me, but I'll share my knowledge about this topic and maybe it will help you out somehow.

When it comes to using ARIS for process modeling, you are able to sync up to 4 levels with Solution Manager:

Scenario -> Process -> Process Step -> Transaction

And that's it.

I'm working on a project right now where our client had already documented their entire value added chain in ARIS, and my job was to sync that information with SolMan. Problem was that there were 5 levels of detail, and so the synchronization wouldn't work.

How did I eliminate this one extra level? Turns out one of the levels was composed of objects that only existed to group a number of processes underneath that level. So I had one object that, when double-clicked, opened for me a variety of processes.

It was a matter of representation; putting together processes that belonged together for some reason.

With that in mind, I simply created a graphic background box in that inferior level that visually grouped those similar processes. Then I was able to delete that superior "grouping level" mentioned before.

Hope I was clear in my explanation. Hope it helps too, of course.

Best of luck,

Felipe