cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 2008 - help with formula to retrieve lastfullmonth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm new to this forum. First post. I have a SQL query where

:month(CAST(a.LAST_MOD_DT / 86400 AS datetime) + CAST('01/ 01/1970' AS datetime)) = (MONTH(getdate())- 1)

I need to create a CR formula that will pull in data from last month as this report will be run on a monthly basis. If I use 'getdate() -31' there will be a problem with the months that don't have 31 days.

I'm also very new with creating formulas so including an explaination would be helpful. Thanks,

Joyce

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Joyce,

are you using a SQL query / command for a specific reason?

the reason why i ask is that if you create a new report off of a set of tables, then you can use the LastFullMonth function in your Record Selection Filter.

i.e. create a new report off of tables. go to the Report menu > Selection Formulas > Record and then create a formula similar to

in lastfullmonth

this will create the sql for you.

i hope this helps,

jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply. I am using the SQL Command because we have to join different BOXI classes to generate this report and we can't do this from one table. Hope that helps.

Joyce

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

okay then. in this case you'll be relying on sql syntax and nothing that is specific to crystal...the command object is written in your database language.

depending on your database (_please see your database online help if this syntax doesn't work_) the WHERE clause of your command would look something like

yourtable.datefield >= DATEADD(MONTH, DATEDIFF(MONTH, 31, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP), 0)
AND yourtable.datefield < DATEADD(MONTH, DATEDIFF(MONTH, 0, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP), 0) 

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will try that and let you know.

Thanks,

Joyce

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the slow repsonse in getting back to you.

I wasn't able to get the SQL query to work.  I did find one that does work except I need to find out how to pull in the minimum date and the maximum date of the records into the report.

Here's the SQL query:

--to query for the prior month,  if January then month = 12 else month = (current month - 1 month).

and

month(CAST(a.LAST_MOD_DT / 86400 AS datetime) + CAST('01/ 01/1970' AS datetime)) =

CASE WHEN cast(DATEPART(Month,GETDATE()) as datetime) = 01

THEN month(cast((str(12)+'/'+ str(01) +'/'+STR(YEAR(Getdate())-1)) as datetime))

ELSE MONTH(cast((str(DATEPART(Month,GETDATE())-1)+'/'+ str(01) +'/'+STR(YEAR(Getdate()))) as datetime)) END

--to query for the proper year, if January then year = (current year - 1 year) else year = current year.

and

year(CAST(a.LAST_MOD_DT / 86400 AS datetime) + CAST('01/ 01/1970' AS datetime)) =

CASE WHEN cast(DATEPART(Month,GETDATE()) as datetime) = 01

THEN year(cast((str(12)+'/'+ str(01) +'/'+STR(YEAR(Getdate())-1)) as datetime))

ELSE year(cast((str(DATEPART(Month,GETDATE())-1)+'/'+ str(01) +'/'+STR(YEAR(Getdate()))) as datetime)) END

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joyce,

My understanding is not clear. why don't you use the function "LastFullMonth"

It will calculate the year and month of Print date .

e.g. from help:

If {orders.ORDER DATE} in LastFullMonth Then {orders.ORDER AMOUNT} Else 0

cheer

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary, Thanks for replying.  I tried the lastfullmonth function as shown in the formula below but I get a message saying there's a error in the formula and it won't save.

if {@LastModDate} in LastFullMonth then {@LastModDate}

then

if ({Command.last_name} = (["Service Desk-Cleveland"]) )

then

if  ({Command.AssigneeName} in {?para_assignee}   or {?para_assignee} = "ALL")

then

if  {Command.SYM} in {?Survey Name} or  {?Survey Name} = "ALL"

then

true

else

false;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe something like:

Select * from mytable where datefield between trunc(trunc(sysdate,'MM')-1,'MM') and trunc(sysdate,'MM')-1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joyce,

I am busy last two weeks, sorry for a late reply.

the first row in your script was unclear,

if {@LastModDate} in LastFullMonth then {@LastModDate}

then (again???)

Don't understand, could you please explain?

Cheers