Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the use of BD64 distribution model

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

when i go to tcode bd64 and create a model and add message to it , i m only able to add logical system(Partner type LS) senders and receivers.I donot understand the basic purpose of bd64.If i have a customer partner type how will bd64 be of any use to me?

Valuable answers will be rewarded.

Regards,

Shrita.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The ALE distribution model defines which applications in your distributed systems communicate with each other and which types of data are distributed. You require a separate ALE distribution model for a Central User Administration (CUA).

In the central system, you define the structure of your Central User Administration in the model view, which you then distribute to the child systems.

Two types of data are distributed in the ALE distribution model of the CUA to be defined:

· User master data (including assigned roles and profiles)

·Company addresses

You require two methods in the distribution model to distribute user data and company addresses. These methods are realized using BAPIs of the business objects USER and UserCompany with the method clone.

Regards

Divakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrita,

BD64 is used for defining customer distribution model. We will define which systems we are communicating with , and what data ( Message Type ) we are sending or receiving from/to them.

Regards

Srikanth M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the partner type is KU then how is the distribution model(bd64) used?

Regards,

Shrita

0 Kudos

Hi Shrita,

If the partner type is KU then there is no need to use the distrubution model.

If ur using partner type as KU then it will be EDI. In EDI we need to only post the flat file in the application server using the port definition ie we21 from where the person handling the middleware part will pick that file and sends the file to the non-sap system by converting the flat file.

Regards,

Santosh