Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini WebAS 6.20 - Ghost CD required !

Steven_UM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I am trying to install the MiniWAS 6.20 which came on 3 CDroms ...

When the installation was at 44%, it asked to insert DATA DISK 2 which is apparently a GHOST CD because it does not exist ... The package clearly states it comes on 3 CDROMS, 1 StartKernel, 1 Data CD and 1 GUIDocumentation ...

Anybody any ideas ? It is ofcourse always great to pay 25 Euro's for something that doesn't work ...

Thanks,

Steven

The error I get from setup :

nfo: InstController MakeStepsDeliver 2 816

Extracting the Database-Dependent SAP system Executables

Warning: CDSERVERBASE ConfirmKey 2 816

Can not read from X:. Please ensure this path is accessible.

Info: LvKeyRequest

For further information see HTML documentation:

step: EXTRACTSAPEXEDBDATA3 and key: DATA2_LOCATION

Warning: CDSERVERBASE ConfirmKey 2 816

We tried to find the label SAPDB:MINI-WAS-DEMO:620:DATA2 for CD DATA2 in path D:. But the check was not successfull.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

daniel_davinci
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It might be a little late for the advice now since you have resolved the problem but I encountered something similar to this and resolved the issue by putting a slash \ on the path that pointed to the CD the install was looking for. E.g.: rather than d:\<package> it required d:\<package>\

Steven_UM
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

Once again SAP ways are mysterious !

I restarted all over again and when I got the question for DATA2 CD I again tried the 3th CD and it accepted it now ...

The first time it would not accept that 3th CD ...

Anyways, the installation completed now successfully ... Yihah!

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Never had any problems with the install regarding the 3 CD'S that came in the package.

If you are interested in going further with testing I would suggest you check out this weblog:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2004/09/06/mini-me-of-webas-620

Then:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2004/09/07/bsp-howto-exploring-bsp-development-and-the-miniwas-620