cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backend session not getting released

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi together,

I have created a transaction iView with <b>SAP GUI for HTML</b>. I set the property to display in portal content area. I assigned the iView as a side step in the portal header. A separate window with <b>SAP GUI</b> will be opened.

But, when I cloase the window, the corresponding session in the backend is not getting released. After few sessions opened i am getting user session ended.

How can I end the backend session after closing the window?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Kurt.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The portal's DSM terminator is supposed to close it automatically. DSM=Distributed Session Management. It's a pop-up window that kills the session, and then the pop-up closes.

The two most likely reasons for the DSM to fail are: 1) you have a pop-up blocker (e.g., Window XP or Google toolbar), or 2) you have a mixed protocol (e.g., HTTPS for the portal and HTTP for the SAP GUI; DSM requires that the protocols match)

Sean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sean,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunatly, the blocker as well as the mixed protocols are not the reason.

Can the DSM be switched on/off? Is there a protocol to the results from DSM?

Thanks & best regards,

Kurt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sean,

I checked the problem again and saw that the DSM is active:

DSM Terminator v.6.061 (sync)
Single URL=http://ctcfind02.ctc.ch.rcc:8000/sap(ZT13dmN3NDZ6RVdndk9OMUQ0TmdsU2p3JTNEJTNEQUdBRTBL
TnRtTHIxOWZkQWVvOUtPQSUzRCUzRA==)/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui?
~okcode=/nZMMBE&~DisconnectOnClose=0&sap-client=200&sap-language=en
&sap-accessibility=&sap-sessioncmd=USR_ABORT
&~SAPSessionCmd=USR_ABORT&SAPWP_ACTIVE=1
&dsmtstamp=1158335940278

I think the parameter <b>DisconnectOnClose</b> must be 1.

Do you know how to set this parameter in DSM?

Thank you & best Regards,

Kurt.

Message was edited by: Kurt Weiskopf

Message was edited by: Kurt Weiskopf

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know of a way to switch it off.

But you might try this: in the portal, go to System Administration > Support > SAP Application. There are links to some Notes on DSM there, as well as a DSM debugger, so that you learn more about it and try to see it in operation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just went back re-read you first message. The problem could be that the transaction is in a separate window: the DSM is a portal function, but by opening it in a separate window you have severed that link. Try opening it within a portal page and see if that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sean,

Thank you for your information. I already activated the Debugger in DSM (please see the above result).

The current question I have: how to set the parameter <b>~DisconnectOnClose</b> to 1. This parameter is in our DSM set to 0. It could be the reason for the behavier.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Kurt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sean,

Thank you for your information. I already activated the Debugger in DSM (please see the above result).

The current question I have: how to set the parameter <b>~DisconnectOnClose</b> to 1. This parameter is in our DSM set to 0. It could be the reason for the behavier.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Kurt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you are right, it must be set to 1.

It is an ITS parameter. So if you are using the ITS 6.20 use the ITS admin site. If you are using the integrated ITS (6.40), it is tcode : SICF -->SAP->BC->GUI->SAP->ITS->WEBGUI > double click --> Setting

If that still doesn't work, it could be because of a slow connection. See Note 852690.

Sean

Answers (0)