cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentum vs ArchiveLink

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to all.

We needed to choose in our company, to make the storage of invoices or files a documentary manager we are shuffling the possibility of installing <b>documentum</b> or <b>ArchiveLink</b>. Somebody could help me to make a decision?

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

the question is not quite preise. ArchiveLink is the name of an SAP service that allows to store documents in an external content server and links it with business objects.

I guess your question is: Do you want to choose a third party vendor such as Documentum or do you want to choose the SAP content server delivered for free by SAP.

This is a difficult question. It depends on the legal requirements for your documents.

From the SAP perspective it makes no difference since SAP has a standardized HTTP interface.

I think it's always good to make first steps by installing the SAP content server to find out the business processes in SAP for that's the essential part of an document archiving project.

Best regards

Torsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julian,

I m very interessesting about your question and i would like if you have investigate more this question. For my compagny we dont decide yet to implment SAP content Server or Documentum. Do you now the important critéria to help us to answer this question

Thank in advance for your help

Mohamed

Former Member
0 Kudos

The important decision making process for going for external Content Repository vs SAP DMS

1.Volume of documents being archived.Where to store ?

2.Do you receive documents from external sources.

3.Retention policies  on the documents.

4.Integration of your incoming or outgoing documents with B2B or B2C portals.

5.Conversion of paper documents and storage eg.AP invoices.

6.Collaboration of documents within ERP system and non ERP system within organization-enterprise level.

7.Compliance requirement like 21 CFR chapter 11 and/or SOX

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julain Garcia,

To my Knowledge archive is better option,

Regards

Agasthuri Doss