cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI (for Mac) ABAP Editor INSERT Fn BUG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am not sure if this is a bug or what, but on the ABAP Editor (tried on both SAP GUI for Mac versions 6.40r6 and 7.00r1) the INSERT function usually found in PC keyboards seemed to be turned on, and I can't find any way to turn it off.

I already tried using EINFGmac (<a href="http://www.squart.de/software/einfgmac/">http://www.squart.de/software/einfgmac/</a>) which supposed to simulate the INSERT key on my mac, however the SIMULATE INSERT-KEY from the menu option is grayed-out, and I can't have it enabled.

This thing (the turned on INSERT Fn) is such a hassle because I can't edit my ABAP codes without overwriting the characters in the same position with the ones I am inserting.

Hope you guys can help, please do let me know your workarounds on this, thanks in advance!

Regards,

Mark Sapio

Message was edited by: Mark Sapio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

johna69
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Did you try clicking the INS with the mouse? On windows it switches the functionality.

JohnA

johna69
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I just installed 7.00rc1 on my MBP. Clicking the OVR/INS on the bottom right will change the mode.

JohnA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John! Thanks for that nice tip, did solved my prob! I was actually considering this thing a bug, but again it's not, thanks man!

Mark Sapio

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi,

for your convenience, there also is a menu item "Cursor Overwrite Mode" in the "Edit" menu in the Mac menu-bar when SAP GUI for Java is the front application to toggle insert and overwrite.

Hitting command-i, you even do not need to switch to the mouse while typing.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

former_member184681
Active Contributor

Thanks a lot John, you just saved my life

Regards,

Greg

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

With SAP GUI for Java see the image

Kind regards

This one woked

fabriciocaete2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you. So old topic, but helping until today!

ALT + COMMAND + i

Former Member

Was experiencing the problem with Insert using Citrix,this is the solution:

Disregard the Shift- in front of the Insert as this may be for setting up a key stroke.  I was able to turn on and off the Insert function SAP GUI running in the Citrix environment using this.  Hope it helps.

Regards,

paj

former_member195242
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing this

0 Kudos

Really helpful, thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guys. This almost made me mad!!