Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP User Password Change Expiration Notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can some one please tell me if SAP 6.0 is capable to send a notification or message popup 10 days or so before the User Password expire.

If some one knows please let me know where to start or what is the parameter to look into.

Thanks in advance.

• Since I could not find any definite answer, I'll take code development approach.

Thanks everyone for the sharing.

Syed Alam

Message was edited by: Syed Alam

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Others have asked this similar question so I will just summarize the answer. The answer is no the portal doesn't currently do this. When a user logs into to the poral with an expired password they will be prompted to change their password. Search the forum for others similar questions and you may find that someone has developed an custom solution to this.

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The ABAP system can neither; there is no warning / notification period prior to the "must change password" phase. Sorry.

You might develop a batchjob based solution which evaluates the user master records and sends out notification mails to the effected users.

Cheers, Wolfgang

Frank_Buchholz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

At least you can run report <b>RSUSR200</b> to retrieve a list of users who havn't changed their password for a given time.

Useful selection:

No. days since password change <value>

[X] Users valid today

[X] Users not locked

[X] Dialog users (you can search for communication users, too)

[X] Users with valid passwords

[X] Users with initial passwords

Kind regards

Frank Buchholz

Former Member
0 Kudos

An ABAP launch daily by batch could solve your issue.

The last date of change of the password is stored in the table USR02 in the field BCDA1

According to the rules of your system parameters (RSUSR003) set up for the change of the password, you can calculate and send an automatic Email (Internet Email should be stored in the User master record)

Good luck