cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do automatic rounding in outbound delivery?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have been trying to implement a simple rounding rule where the system will always round down to an integer (NO decimals) for both sales order and delivery.

I have configured rounding profile (rounding method 3, with a rule that rounds down) and turned on rounding on the sales and delivery items. The problem is that the outbound delivery never does any rounding. While I can error the delivery creation, I cannot make it round down.

For example, 1 box = 100 EA and I have 150 EA.

A customer orders 2 box of the material in the sales order. Sales does a partial confirmation of 1.5 box. When I create the delivery, SAP does not round down the quanatity from 1.5 Box to 1 box.

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same problem here. Any answer besides using EXIT_SAPLATPC_002 as note 547118 (question 10) suggests?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same requirement.

The function exit EXIT_SAPLATPC_002 has been suggested to me by the funtional person, where in this can be done.

Have you succeeded in achieveing this?

If yes, Please share how you have done this.

Regards,

Darpana.A

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nisha_sharma1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you are talking about Boxes then you can use Transaction POP1

which will tell you about packing instruction and here you can define the rule.

1Box = 10 units.

suppose you have 37 units then it will b packed to 4 boxes according to above mentioned rule.

after defining rule in POP1.

Goto TA: POF1

and write a determination rule there .

if my answer help you .pLs reward points.

Regards,

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue is that the UOM must match what is on the sales order, as this is what was ordered by the customer.

Thus the delivery must only round down to the same UOMs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

One suggestion here.

Try using alternative unit of measure. So in your material master you define relation of 1 Box=100 EA. The Ordering unit in material master also has to be BOX.

While placing the sales order you use order unit as BOX meaning you will order for 2 Boxes and based on the rounding profile and quantity available ( say 150 EA) it should confirm only 1 box in the order since you would want to deliver only one box.So then rounding in the delivery is not relevant as far as I can understand from your post.

Trust this helps.

Regards,

Kartik Shah