cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EP6 SP9 - 'Personalize Portal' link does not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We've just installed EP6 SR1 SP9 and applied patch 4.

The portal seems to work fine, except for one thing:

The 'Personalize' link on the top right, above the TLN, doesn't seem to work.

When clicking the link, nothing happens. No popup, no error message, nada

Has anyone seen this before, or can give me a guidance where to look for?

With kind regards,

Robin van het Hof

Message was edited by: Robin van het Hof

- Marked topic as a question -

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to content administration->portal content->content provided by sap->end user content->standard portal users->worksets->portal personalization to the role of the user who you are logging in as.

also you can assign eu_role role to that user to get the personalization page. but this adds other iviews too. so i prefer the first approach

Hope it helps.

Hassan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hassan,

Sorry I couldn't reply earlier.

I logged in with the J2EE Administrator account, which already has the super_admin_role needed to perform portal personalization.

Trying with another user with the appropriate role assigned to it didn't work either unfortunately...

Any other thoughts?

Kind regards,

Robin van het Hof

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

i'm afraid you did not understood Hassan right, so I'd like to clarify thinks for you. By default the super_admin_role does not provide an user (i.e. J2EE Administrator) to personalize the portal. In order to do this a user must posses a role which contains the workset "Portal Personalization", (which is not the case for the super_admin_role).

So, you have the option to assign the role "eu_role" to the user J2EE Adminstrator (or to any other user which would like to personalize the portal). The other option is to edit the users role (i.e. super_admin_role) and add the workset com.sap.portal.portal_personalization.

Just try those two options on your portal.

If you do not need all the iviews from eu_role and do not want to change the standard super_admin_role, i would recomend to create a new role which includes only the workset mentioned and assign it to every user who wants to personalize the portal.

Hope this helps,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hassan, Robert, thanks alot. This approach worked flawless!

Thanks for your help Robert and Hassan

> PS: Please consider marking this thread as question

> and rewarding points for any helpfull answers by

> clicking on the star. Read here more info about the

> SDN Contributer Recognition Program. Many Thanks!

I will reward both of you

Kind regards,

Robin van het Hof

Answers (0)