cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivate Personal Value List

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

in BEx (SAP BW 310, BEx GUIs 620 and 640) we have the personal value list activated so that every time a user uses the F4 help, only values selected before are displayed. For our purposes, this is often not useful - the user has to click the "All values" button every time that he/she wants to display the whole list.

Question: Do you know of any way to globally deactivate the Personal Value List for all users?

I already found the "Activate Personalization in BEx" / "Variables Personalization" in spro. However, I'm not quite sure if this function refers to the personalized value list (stored for certain variables) or if it only refers to the option to explicitly store a certain value for a variable in BEx. Thus, you can only ACTIVATE, not DEACTIVATE personalization. The program RS_PERS_VAR_ACTIVATE used in the SPRO even has a counterpart RS_PERS_VAR_DEACTIVATE but there is no code in it.

This might be the wrong direction anyway, but as I stated in the question above, if you have any idea how to deactivate the personalization (also manually, e.g. by removing a certain table or something), please tell me.

I know that each user can deactivate it via Help / Settings / F4 Help in SAP, but I'd like to switch this off globally for all the users. Maybe there's a possibility using su01 or something?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Jörg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try in customizing for local layouts (it is the las button in GUI screen alt+f12) -> options -> local data tab.

This has to be done user by user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oscar,

thanks for your reply! However, I think this is basically the same option as I described using the Help settings.

If someone knows about an option how to make this setting globally or at least without having to log in as each user, please let me know.

Best regards,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jörg, we have also the same situation where we need to deactivate the Personal Value List. Values can be deleted from table "ddshpval50". But I am interested to know any global settings in SBIW or in SPRO and other way?

Did you able to get the answer? If yes please can you also provide me the solution?

Thanks,

Steve