cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copy Business partners

Former Member
0 Kudos

has anyone built a functionality to create new business partners by copying the existing ones??

also can we delete accounts/Contacts through PCUI??

will appreciate any inputs.

thanks

RH

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Arno-Meyer
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello!

As mentioned before it is currently not possible to copy Business Partner in CRM Web UI. It is also not possible to delete Business Partner directly.

Within the CRM Web UI it is only possible to flag Business Partner for archiving (Archiving Process is again dependent on the status of replicated data u2026).

However there is a note available, which enables also the deletion of Business Partner.

Please check note: [Note 415007 - Deletion of business partners|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/415007]

Best regards

Arno

Wolfgang_Mayer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arno,

it would be ok to copy the BP in background. Of course it would be possible to use a lot of BAPIs to do so, however, I'd prefer the BDOC solution mentioned before (if it works).

Regards

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have to delete a BP, then that BP should not be referred any where.

If the BP is not referred any where then do the following...

1) In Tcode BUPA_PRE_DA, give the BP which is to be deleted.This is teh preparation step which will set the status for Deletion.

2) In Tcode BUPA_DEL, give the BP to be deleted after preparation step.This will delete the BP if it is not referred anywhere.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Have a look to the function BUPA_MAIN_GET_STRUCT. This function generates a complete message bDoc BUPA_MAIN of an existing business partner.

After calling this function, you can change the data. For example, you can also change the partner_guid, the partner, the tasks, ...

Fill out 'I' in the header task. Generate a new partner_guid. Delete the partner number. - And then send the bdoc with cl_smw_mflow=>send

to the middleware.

Thats all.

kind regards, föß

Wolfgang_Mayer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Föß,

I was able to retrieve the BDOC data, however, wenn calling CL_SMW_MFLOW=>SEND for site CRM, an exception is thrown. It seems as if the coding tries to send it to an external system and is therefore looking for an outbound adapter. Call of "CALL METHOD cl_smw_bdocstore=>persist_bdoc" returns sy-subrc = 1.

Did you actually try your solution? If yes and it's working, could you kindly send me the ABAP coding?

Many thanks & regards

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rishi

copying BP's or CP's is not a basic functionality available in standard. You will have to write the functionality yourself if you need it - but usually if you use the pre-filling functions for BP's i.e. from organizational model and / or employee data then many fields are already filled and the BP will be assigned correctly, so a pure copying is usually not needed.

As for the deletion flag: The system does not support the direct deletion of BP's / CP's. However, you can set archive-flags on BP's and CP's and with a so-called archive run these partners are removed from the DB then in usually regular intervals.

Regards

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

any inputs on the above query?

kind regards,

RH

raja_g
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

I think you can use the function modules mentioned below to copy one BP to another BP. You can copy only the central and address data.

Use the function module BUPA_CENTRAL_GET_DETAIL to get the details of the BP to be copied and then use the function module BUPA_CREATE_FROM_DATA to create a new BP with the data available from BUPA_CENTRAL_GET_DETAIL.

I never did this on my own but I think this should work.

Regards

G.Raja