cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadcasting Workbook Error | An active RFC server could not be found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing an issue while trying to broadcast(distribute) a workbook. The broadcasting of a query from the query designer works fine. But when I try to distribute a workbook, it throws up the following error. We have used the SMTP method(<i>Using SMTP plug-in</i>) for broadcasting and we know that we can use RFC(<i>Using RFC connection</i>) too. But my question is whether RFC method is a must for workbook distribution.Kindly help me.

Thanking you,

Best Regards,

Manesh

<u><b>The Error Log</b></u>

<b>Processing for user PUSHM, language EN  

Processing setting  

An active RFC server could not be found  

Error occurred during processing of framework class CL_RSRD_PRODUCER_EXCEL, type PROD  

Processing setting !TEMP_2CC00BE0E24C704991039F6E9C2AC4E4 completed with errors  

Job step for user PUSHM, language EN ended with errors  
</b> 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

guillaume-hrc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using BI 7 ?

Have you configured a Precalculation server in transaction RSPRECADMIN ?

Precalculation servers are basically PC, that are used for their Excel capabilities, in order to produce up-to-date workbooks.

Best regards,

Guillaume

Message was edited by:

Guillaume GARCIA

guillaume-hrc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at this document by Prakash Darji

https://service.sap.com/~sapidb/012003146900000085752006E/HowtoInformationBroadcasting.pdf

Best regards,

Guillaume

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have experienced the same problem. We fixed it with checking and deleting the locks in the lock table. Transaction SM12. After the deadlock being repaired, everything worked fine.

BR

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Guillaume GARCIA.