cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGui Improvement: SYSID in GUI title for identification in Windows

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am currently working on a project that involves 3 R/3 instances.

We have to make sure that any chances made to one system will also be applied to the other 2 in order to keep them synchronized. Since we can't transport between the instances, it is necessary to work in the 3 SAP systems simultaneously to apply the changes immediately.

Now, if you have multiple GUI sessions for different instances open, it is possible to configure the visual design system-specific to tell immediately what instance/system you are on, but in your program group of the Windows taskbar or if you tab with ALT+TAB through your Windows tasks, it is not.

I.e. if I make code changes in SE80 in my 3 development clients, all I can see in the taskbar group for SAPGui or the ALT+TAB window is the header (i.e. "ABAP Editor: Change Report ZTEST") of the individual GUI session - which is identical in all instances.

I am pretty sure there is no way to configure the header of the GUI session (unless someone knows of a way to do that), so I am wondering whether it would be possible to implement the option to add a prefix (SYSID, client etc.) in future GUI releases; pretty much the same way you can configure what system information to display in the status bar of the GUI?

This way, when tabbing through your GUI sessions, it would be easy to identify the instance (i.e. "DEV - ABAP Editor: Change Report ZTEST").

For some this might not even sound like a “nice-to-have” feature, but believe me, having tabbed for almost a year through up to 8 sessions – guessing the right one - this would have been a great help and time saver!

Thanks,

Guenther

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guenther,

We often change the color scheme per system.

With 6.40 you can set a regisrty key to show additional information in the window title. Set the HKCU\Software\SAP\SAPGUI Front\SAP Frontend Server\Admiistration\ShowAdditionalTitleInfo = 1 (DWORD)

See Note # 757964 for more information

<a href="https://service.sap.com/form/handler?_APP=01100107900000000342&_EVENT=REDIR&_NNUM=757964">https://service.sap.com/form/handler?_APP=01100107900000000342&_EVENT=REDIR&_NNUM=757964</a>

Regards,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perfect...

Thanks John!!!

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Guenther,

there is another option:

Set for the registry key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\SAPGUI Front\SAP Frontend Server\Administration] the DWORD value 'ShowAdditionalTitleInFo' to 1.

Then the system name, client number and connection number are added to the main window title, like 'XYZ(1) / 000 ABAP Workbench'.

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christian, very useful!

BTW, is it possible to have a different icon in the taskbar for each SYSID??

François

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A quick update...

The registry key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\SAPGUI Front\SAP Frontend Server\Administration - ShowAdditionalTitleInfo

shows the system, client and name of the current transaction in the title bar of the window, but just if you gonna use the

traditional design.

It looks like it is not working with the "New visual design" or "Signature.

Any help?

CU

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys!

But this just changed the title of the gui in the taskbar.

Is there a way to display this information in the title on the top (!!!) of the gui?

Thanks for your help!

PM