cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with BI Integrated Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, everybody,

We installed BI 7.0 and want to use BI Integrated Planning, but then i connect to Modeler Wizard i get error <b>No JCO Connection</b>. Our BASIS Team can't find an issue.

Maybe there is some kind of configuration in BI side, not just in BASIS?

Could you give us some advice?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Arunas Stonys

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you installed the J2EE server? Planning workbench requires it.

Hope this helps,

Mary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mary,

I'm having problems with using BI Integrated Planning. I believe our Basis/Portal teams have left out some configurations after the installation. Is there a document that lists all of the tasks that one should follow to set up BI Integrated Planning in a new system? I'd appreciate any help you can give me!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Joanne,

This has been a pretty busy week so have not had much time to check the forum since I participate in the forum in my spare time before and after working at my client project.

I am not very knowledgable the upgraded NW04S Basis / Portal settings so do not have the exact basis technical information you are looking for. For that you are better to post on the NW04s forum.

BTW, have you Basis team installed a J2EE server? Bi Integrated Planning Planning workbench requires that whereas SEM-BPS does not.

Mary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mary,

Yes, we've installed the J2EE engine. The Basis team is checking the JCO connectors to see if they are set up correctly. Thanks anyways.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joanne,

Are you still having issues with BI-IP? I have been troubleshooting with the basis folks in getting BI-IP up on a new system over the last few day to a week and have now gone through the process myself whereas before I had been given a system already set up. I have enclosed some troubleshooting feedback with my counterpart in getting the system up.

What type of issue are you having?

Can the basis folks start the planning modeler or planning wizard in RSPLAN even if you can't?

1. The note mentioned above 919850 and the help documentation in SPRO under

SAP NETWEAVER->Business Intelligence->BI Integrated Planning

are very helpful. They have to set the following Jco Destinations in Web Dynpro Content Administrator:

BI_MODELDATA

BI_METADATA

WD_ALV_MODELDATA_DEST

WD_ALV_METADATA_DEST

And the problem was the connection to the message server. It was not possible to connect without having a Logon group assigned. This had to be done in WI4 ABAP as well as in the SLD for this system. After that assignment connection was no problem.

2. make sure you have the portal ips in your host file.

3. have they have created an account for you in client 001 of the NW04S?

4. Have they created a portal id for you and assign the portal role com.sap.ip.bi.business_planning_showcase to you?

5. have they configured the setting for starting the planning modeler (also under SPRO)..

Hope this helps. If you have more specific questions, feel free to e-mail me directly.

Mary

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you had a look at Note 917950 - "SAP NetWeaver 2004s: Setting Up BEx Web" - in the attachments to the note you will find several zip files providing helpful tips to figure out if the ABAP, J2EE con´fig is consistent.

/MiB

Former Member
0 Kudos

YEs, you need J2EE. your Basis will do this. Withut J@ee, you can still do in old BPS0 transaction, but loose out on the features of IP>

Thanks

Ravi Thothadri

RThothadrii@yahoo.com

0 Kudos

Hello Arunas,

make sure that the SLD of the J2EE engine was configured. The use the Web Dynpro Content Administrator to set up the JCO connections. More detailed

information can be found in note 919850.

Regards,

Gregor