cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

date delimited table maintenance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a date dependent table with keyfield as BEGDA.The system generates the delimit button automatically on the maintenance screens if you define a table this way. Additionally you need to do Environment->Generate time-dependecy to add functionality to the DELIMIT button.more info on this at :

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/67/86b264415811d1893d0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm">SAP help docu</a>

Now my problem is : the DELIMIT doesn't work properly.When I delimit an entry by clicking the button DELIMIT the system delimits the existing entry and creates a new one with new validity dates.But for the new entry all the fields before BEGDA are shown as blank on the maintenance screen.But the database table is updated correctly.

Example:

table with three fields : USER KEYFIELD

BEGDA KEYFIELD

ENDDA NONKEYFIELD

Table entry before delimit :

USER BEGDA ENDDA

ALAPATIK 01/01/1900 12/31/9999

Now I delimit this entry with date 11/15/2006,the system generates an entry like this :

USER BEGDA ENDDA

ALAPATIK 01/01/1900 11/15/2006

BLANK 11/16/2006 12/31/9999

The fields before BEGDA are shown as BLANK,though the table is updated correctly. Can you pls help me with this .

We are on 4.7....

Thanks,

Kiran.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

The following link says it works either with BEGDA or ENDDA as the key field.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/c1/df5c3c3b067331e10000000a114084/frameset.htm">sap help</a>

Any pointers ?!

Thanks,

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If You want to work Delimit option correctly, then in Your table remove BEGDA from the Key fields. Make it as Non-Key field. Only ENDDA must be as Key field and other fields like USER can be as Key field. This means, out of BEGDA and ENDDA only ENDDA has to be part of the key fields. then the Delimit option works correctly.

Thanks,

sksingh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

Delimit is carried over only in INFOTYPES - Information unit which consist

group of logically related data which is mainly used in <b>HR Module</b> of

SAP.

Each Infotype has the time constraint associated with it.this is only used in

HR but not in any other Module of SAP.

Delimit only work with Infotype not with Tables.

Thanks N Regards,

Manian.