Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get_text_as_stream to CONVERT_STREAM_TO_ITF_TEXT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a texteditor ( SAP Enjoy control ) in my screen. I want to save and update the text in it as long text. I have used the <b>'get_text_as_stream'</b> function to read the text from the editor. I also used the <b>'CONVERT_STREAM_TO_ITF_TEXT'</b> function to preserve formatting for printing purposes. When I use the latter one, suppose if I had typed a '&' in the texteditor, it gets converted to '<(>&<)>' . The former function call perfectly picks the content of the editor.

Please help me on this..

Regards,

Nikhil Gopalan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

ur correct but the thing is when u use some characters they get converted into some sort of strings like & will go as <(>&<)>...But when u read the text again it displays as &....

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

ur correct but the thing is when u use some characters they get converted into some sort of strings like & will go as <(>&<)>...But when u read the text again it displays as &....

0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh,

Thanks for you reply!

You are correct. When I re-read into the textbox, it appears perfectly.The problem is when I print the same in SMARTFORMS. I get the junk characters in the printed output.

Regards,

Nikhil Gopalan

0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Could you solve it?

I have the same problem.

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

we can use READ_TEXT function module to get the value.

And use replace all occurrence of <(>&<)> value with &.

Thanks,

Sivanadh