Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tcode VA25 modification

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been asked to modify tcode VA25. We want to add Material# and Job name (Name2 field) to the selection criteria. I have never even looked at SAP code let alone made a modification. I copied program SAPMV75A to a z-program (ZSAPMV75A) but now I don't know how to continue; there are so many includes and the documentation inside the code is in German. Can somebody let me know what Modules, Subroutines, Includes, etc... I need to be concerned about? Any help you can give me is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Aaron

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Material Number you have already there on screen - i dont no why do u want that again in selection. I dont suggest to copy into Z and do changes. May be you simply add job name in selection and try to find userexit to filter data based on job name. So that would easily solve your problem. I try to find userexit none is avialable at this movement but i found one badi - BADI_CUST_HIER. try to put break in that badi and there try to filter list based on job name. This is more standard way of solving, Let me know if u want more clarification on my suggestion.

*********Poorna**********

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Material Number you have already there on screen - i dont no why do u want that again in selection. I dont suggest to copy into Z and do changes. May be you simply add job name in selection and try to find userexit to filter data based on job name. So that would easily solve your problem. I try to find userexit none is avialable at this movement but i found one badi - BADI_CUST_HIER. try to put break in that badi and there try to filter list based on job name. This is more standard way of solving, Let me know if u want more clarification on my suggestion.

*********Poorna**********

0 Kudos

Yes, I realized that customer number was on there after I posted this question. Somebody in another forum also suggested a user exit but there aren't any (as you stated). I have heard about badis before but I have never seen or used any. Like I said my experience in ABAP is only a few SAP classes in about two months. If you could give me a little more clarification I would appreciate it A LOT!

Thanks for the reply,

Aaron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. Goto se19 -> enter BADI_CUST_HIER and hit create.

2. once you create try to go and find proper method to your requirement.

3. put break-point there if it is triggering or not?

4. if tiggers then try to write abap code to filter data based on job name. May be find one abaper from your project for hlep that is suddenly solve your problem eaisly.

**********Poorna***********

0 Kudos

Thank you for the wonderful reply. Unfortunately I am the only ABAPer at my company. They hired me to take over for a person who left to go back with SAP as a consultant so I'm on my own as far as picking up the language and learning how to do things in the language. I tried to do what you outlined but I needed a development (access) key so I didn't get anywhere. I will do some searching on badis and this badi and see where that gets me. Thanks again for your help!

Aaron