Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No authorization for printer "LP01"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i wish to archive the data in BW.

for that i had created archive object also.

now when i schedule the write job it is giving me the error as following

No authorization for printer "LP01".

i had checked the user authorizations and i had assigned SAP_ALL & SAP_NEW authoriztaion profiles as well.

even i changed out put device to bt by creating new out put device using spad tcode.

what could be the problem?

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hello ravi,

There is only one field in S_SPO_DEV and it is for giving device name and not dates. Can you please tell me the field name. What values do you get on doing a F4 on the field when trying to insert values. Also try giving value %LOC in this object.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

S_SPO_DEV field value was in the form of from and to and that made me think as a date field but when i pressed F4 it was giving available output devices.i entered LP01 and in the next screen i assigned user to this role.

i am getting the same error as before.

but the "menu" tab in role maintenance screen remains still red.what i need to enter there?. even i tried with different user name only to find the same error!

pls suggest me !

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check whether the LP01 is Red marked in SPAD. It should be inactive and locked in SAP

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please, could you tell us how did you resolve the issue? We have configured archive link and now we are getting the same error as you. We have created a new role with objetc authorization S_SPO_DEV, and assign to this object local print.

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,

Esther

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ravi,

Check what Arun has asked you to do. Secondly also do one thing. When ever you get this authorization error do an Su53.You can also run a SQL trace for it.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well Arun & Ruchit,

in SU53 screen it is saying "last authorization check was successful".

same is the case with the SPAD T code where everything is fine (no red marks or tag).

thanks,

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

And Ruchit,

i am sending the trace file that you have asked me to your email id .

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

LP01 must be in RED and u can do this by locking that in SAP. Trying making it inactive and try.

Cheers

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please add S_BDS_DS object and give this values

1) 03

2) DEVC_STXD_BITMAP

3) OT

Regards,

Renjith

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Ravi,

>Go to PFCG. Create a test role named test. Then go to Authorizations tab. Choose expert mode for profile generation.

A pop up would come up asking you to choose a template. Close it. Do CTRLSHIFTF9 or in the application tool bar choose the option manually.

In the resulting pop up give s_spo_dev as input and press enter.

Now expand the yellow node and give the value as LP01.

Generate the role profile and come out of the role. Assign this role to your user id and then after log out and relogin try agai n.

Hope it helps.

Please award points for useful info.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I dont know if any authorization object such as SAP_PRINT exists.

However S_SPO_DEV should exist.

Do one thing. Goto SU21 there choose object class BC_A. Double click.

The do a Control+F (find) for S_SPO_DEV and let me know if you get it.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

can u tell me breifly how to create a role!

i did use PFCG transaction code to create a role.

after generating the profile when i enter organiztion levels , it is giving status messege as no organiztion levels available.

how to mainatin values in oranization levels?

can u briefly explain me?

thanks,

Ravi

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ravi,

goto SPAD-> and check LP01 is activated and make sure its unlocked. If not disable local printer and enable LP01.Tery this n let me know.

Regards,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

please do this.

Create a role. Add authorization object S_SPO_DEV to it. Maintain value for LP01 for it in organizational levels. Assign this role to the your profile. Relogin into the system and check your authorizations.

Please assign points if issue got solved.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit/Sree,

thanx for the information.

Ruchit,

i did exctly what u told to me.

in the authorization object template i did not find S_SPO_DEV in the template list of authorization object.how ever i did find SAP_PRINT object in the template.

and ur sentence maintain value for LP01for it in organizational level i cudnot understand. can u elaborate on it?

Sri,

i did used the tcode in SU53 only to note that "last authorization check were successful" can u elaborate on how to find missing authorizations?

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

When ever you get the screen AUthorization Failed the very next moment ( Dont try to enter any other Tcode orr do any thing) enter /oSU53 so that tthe missing values is obtained in the next screen.

When ever there is an Auth failure, and u do something else like typing in /N or a new tcode means, the check failes and nothing will be able to catch up in SU53.

SO the very moment it failes u have to get the SU53 in next window,,,

Hope it helps you.

Br,

Sri

Award points for posts which are helpful to you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sri,

i did same as u told u.

that is i entered /osu535 on the screen where that error message was coming.

but i could only find the previous screen.

any suggestions?

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if you have defined any local printer.

If not, define one, set it as default printer and then try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Check system profile parameter auth/check_value_write_on might be set to 0.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

i did same as you told me.that is >i had created a role called test->in authorization tab, selected expert mode -

> closed the pop of template and selected manually option and in that field entered s_spo_dev-> on the yellow icon i clicked to observe that it is only allowing from date field and to date field in the values and not "lp01".even then i entered LP01 as a value and generated profile->

and when i assign this role to my user and relogin to the system, it is giving me the same error when i enter write job while archiving.

i wonder i still miss something.is that true? or i had entered LP01 at wrong place?

pla guide me

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Did u try checking the Missing Authorization value. Once u get the Auth failure try putting in /oSU53 tcode and u would get them issing values. They shd be in your profile .. as since u r having SAP_ALL and SAP_new i would like to see the missing Auth.

Hope it works out.

Br,

Sri

Award points for helpful answers