Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is technical specification and functional specification

Former Member
0 Kudos

<b>respected seniors,

I am new to the sap

will any body tell me with good example how to prepare technical specification according to functional specification i means what is technical specification and functional specification. please

my e_mail abap.pankaj@gmail.com

yours ever

Pankaj Kumar </b>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Dear Pankaj,

Once the functional guys collect the business requirements from the clients, for whatever development requirements identified they prepare a functional specification.

It contains who the business process owners are, the developers, the functional guys involved, the proj manager names, version of the specification. Then what is the task, a pseudo logic for it, then how the desired result should be like and on what parameters the results are validated. Also the client needs approve the functional document thus prepared.

Apart from these basic details there are some more details in a funcitonal specification document. Now based on the functional spec, the technical guys prepare a technical specification which contains further explanation of how that particular is gonna be executed and how the logic is going to be validated, a code walk through. After the technical specification is okayed by the functional guy, they go throught with the actual development work. After it is done the fucntional guy tests it and asks for the clinet to check if it is as per his requirement.

If some more modifications or minor changes are required, then the same specification can be used with a different version number. Like if they beginned it with ' 1 ' , this time it will be 1.1 for a minor change.

Hope the explanation gave some idea.

Note : Please encourage others also to respond to your queries by awarding points to useful answers.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Message was edited by:

sadhu kishore

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member

Hi Pankaj

Functional specs is the high level design which is generally prepared by Functional people on the basis of the requirements gathered from the client. It contains the flowchart etc for the process to be done.

However a technical specs is the detailed desgin document which is generally prepared by a technical person in order to meet the requirements specified in the functional specs. It may contain some pseudo code also.

reward points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

May be little. But helps little bit. Check ur ID's.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sir i too wanna know the same thing so sir plz send me the same fruit to me also tahnking u sir my maild id is venuprasadk@gmail.com

thanks & regards

venuprasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i haven't receive any mail.

kindly resend it.

my email id is pankaj998@hotmail.com

thank you very much

pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

if anyone knows give me some guidance to me also....

ravikumarcb@gmail.com

thanx in advance