cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in conversion exit CONVERSION_EXIT_CUNIT_INPUT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, I was working on the example mentioned in book "SAP BW step by step guide" by FuFu. The example starts from chapter 2 and continues through chapter 3, error occurs when working on Page 86.

In the example Hierarchy is constructed for Sales representative ID (Pg 65).

When uploading data from FlatFile I am receiving following error:

-

<b>Error in conversion exit CONVERSION_EXIT_CUNIT_INPUT

Message no. RSAR137

Diagnosis

An error occurred in record 1 during execution of conversion exit CONVERSION_EXIT_CUNIT_INPUT for field UNIT.

Procedure

Check that the record where the error occurred has the correct format, and correct it accordingly.</b>

-

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this oss note:

Error in the conversion exit ...

a) Loaded values must have the external format in the logon language. The conversion exit reads from the T006A table with the logon language from SPRAS and the loaded value from MSEH3. If there is no entry there for the logon language, an error occurs in the conversion exit. You can maintain entries in this table in the Customizing: Transaction SPRO->SAP reference IMG->BW Customizing Implementation Guide->General Settings ->Measurement units. Select the measurement units here using the relevant button.

Regards,

Anu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did check all the check box but received the same error. Anu I have not tryed your suggestion yet. Also the additional information is that this error is occuring when loading data from FlatFile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer to the SAP Note # 681931 which talks abt the same issue...

<b>Symptom</b>:

During the file upload, the following errors are triggered due to conversion exits:

1. RRSV 008: The value ' ... ' for characteristic ... is not plausible

a) The value 030920 for characteristic 0CALMONTH is not plausible.

2. RSAR 137: Error in conversion exit ...

a) Error in the conversion exit CONVERSION_EXIT_CUNIT_INPUT

Other terms

SU3, 008(RRSV), 137(RSAR)

<b>Reason and Prerequisites:</b>

1. For RRSV 008: The value ' ... ' for characteristic ... is not plausible.

a) The affected characteristic has the conversion exit PERI6. The loaded value already has the internal format (yyyymm) in the file.

2. For RSAR 137: Error in the conversion exit ...

a) The affected unit has the conversion exit CUNIT. The loaded value does not correspond to the name of the unit in the logon language.

<b>Solution</b>:

1. For RRSV 008: The value ' ... ' for characteristic ... is not plausible.

a) Check the fixed values for the date format of the upload user (for example, ALEREMOTE) using System->User Default->Own settings (You must be logged on with the upload user, so change the user type to interactive user, if necessary.) If one of the formats 1-3 is set there, the last 4 characters of the value are moved to the start, that is, yyyymm becomes yymmyy. If all of the loaded values have the internal format, you can delete the conversion exit from the transfer structure. Otherwise, change the fixed values for the date format of the upload user, so that the sequence of the month and year corresponds to the sequence in the loaded values.

2. For RSAR 137: Error in the conversion exit ...

a) Loaded values must have the external format in the logon language. The conversion exit reads from the T006A table with the logon language from SPRAS and the loaded value from MSEH3. If there is no entry there for the logon language, an error occurs in the conversion exit. You can maintain entries in this table in the Customizing: Transaction SPRO->SAP reference IMG->BW Customizing Implementation Guide->General Settings ->Measurement units. Select the measurement units here using the relevant button.

• Assign pts if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudheer and Anu thank you very much your suggestion resolved my issue. thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I am having the sam probleme as you did.

Can you please tell me how you were able to resolve the issue

I did what sudheer and anu have suggested , I didn't know what to change after getting to

Transaction SPRO->SAP reference IMG->BW Customizing Implementation Guide->General Settings ->Check units of Measurement

Thanks

Message was edited by:

Sri

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anand,

Go to your transfer rules and against many fields you will find a check box in the transfer rule view - check that for all available and your data load should go fine - this is due to conversion between char (Flat File ) to an internal format and the checkbox forces implicit conversion and your data load will go through fine.

Arun

Assign points if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did check all fields and tryed to load data again but I am receiving the same error

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check the checkbox for the same ?

Also load to PSA and try and simulate the data load to try and find out which field is giving the error.

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

The file which you are trying to load, not in the proper format. May be some column mismatch happening. Just check.

Sanjiv

former_member188325
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what is the unit you r trying to load?check wheather that unit exists in T006/T006A tables.