Did you mean: 

Parallel Dynamic Block - Assigning multiple users to a process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am trying to model a GP process as given below :-

1.Process

2.Sequential Block 1

3.Action 1 ( will open a form 1 for user to input data)

4.Parallel Dynamic Block 2

5.Sequential Block 3

6.Action 2 ( will open form 1 in display mode with the data that initiator had filled)

Role for Action 1 - Initiator

Role for Action 2 - run time defined and it should be assigned to <b>multiple users</b>.

I have developed the forms in Visual Composer and the form has an input field to fill the names of the users that the form has to be forwarded to .

Can somebody please tell me how I can resolve the problem of assigning the Action 2 to mulitiple persons.

Thanks You.

Ranu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranu,

What is exaclty the problem here? As far as I understand, you got the process modeling right.

To assign users dynamically with the parallel dynamic block, you should use the context parameters. You should add a step after the step 3 that gives as output a list of users to whom the action 2 should be assigned. Just be aware that in this use case, every user assigned to this action 2 will have to complete it before the process can go on.

Best regards,

David

yogesh_galphade
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I am using PDB in that one sequential block is used , which I am assigning to multiple users.I have assigned the role in Process- Default role tab.

Parallel dynamic block

Sequential block

Action1----

assigning multiuser

Every thing is working fine except when PDB will execute it will go to all users UWL but one user will complete the process, other user's process will not be able to complete the process.that process will end there.

Do you have any guideline for this?

Yogesh

Answers (0)