cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP WebDynpro-Trial System in a LAN(not with localhost)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Basis experts,

i have installed the WebDynpro ABAP Trial system(NW 2004s) successfully on my laptop.

Now,I want to lauch the WebDynpro Aplications from an other Client in my private Network(not with http://localhost:8000...). When i try to access WebDynpro via IP-Adress i get the Web-Dynpro Error message that I need a full qualified domain with extension for Web-Dynpro for ABAP.Can i solve this on the Trial-system? Any ideas?

PS: The other client is a Nintendo WII Game-Console.

I have installed Opera for devices(http://www.opera.com/products/devices) on the WII and now i want to lauch a WebDynpro Test-Application with the movement of my hands via Nunchuk and WII-Remote;-)

Frank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

klaus_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Frank,

Usually you could add an entry to the 'hosts' file on the pc from where you call the server.

For instance, if the application server bears the name "appserver" with ip 192.168.0.1 and the client is called "client" with ip 192.168.0.2, you have to add an entry to the 'hosts' file on the "client". This file can be found under Windows in %WINDIR%\System32\Drivers\etc

The entry looks like:

192.168.0.1      appserver.example.domain

After this you can call the WebDynpro from the "client" by using appserver.example.domain as full qualified domain name.

Not sure whether this works on your Nintendo WII (especially how to find your hosts file).

Hope this helps anyway,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

i can't edit the hosts on the WII.

Do you know if there is a IDES System with Web Dynpro available in the WWW? I know WebDynpro on a WII-Browser is no real Business Case but it's funny to try;-)

Frank

klaus_keller
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

As far as I know there is no test system on the WWW. Let me know if you get it working. I'm curious to see this constellation.

Kind regards,

Klaus